LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-05-2021, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Fernando

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Watch out for this company - Scam Alert

Hello Jeep Forum

I want to raise a flag for everyone here about this company

https://www.fs1inc.com/

I purchased an ECU for my Grand Cherokee on 3/16/2021, it was delivered but didn't work properly ( no ground to fuel pump and ASD system ) so I returned it... after I returned it the problems started. I was assigned an "account executive" who received the package and asked me to wait for two weeks, then after that, when I tried to contact him, guy disappeared and my emails were returned as "invalid address".

I would call the company, they would say they "can't locate my account executive" but requested 48 hours to look into the problem, this happened three times, this is clearly an offshore call center.

Then I got an email from another person, they all use bogus names, Gino R, Jennifer B, you name it, Mar Z, telling me they were reprogramming the ECU, but when they tested it, it wasn't working well, so they required another 48 hours.

48 hours later, I told them that if I didn't get a tracking number I would want a refund, they gave me an UPS tracking number saying it would take 48 hours to appear on the system... they kept buying time

48 hours passed, I call them and ask about it, and they said they shipped it the day before, and it will take another 48 hours... ( at this point I'm losing my mind and just want to bring the napalm out )

Then after one day, with the tracker number being issued 5 days ago, I tell them I want my money back, they claim the unit was shipped and I can only get a refund after I return it...

So far I have been waiting on that ECU to be returned for a month, I am beginning to think I will never get my money back, or the ECU.

I'd like to warn everyone here, DO NOT do any business with this company, find your ECU on Ebay or at the junkyard, or purchase thru Ebay so you can leave negative feedback and ask for your money back. My mistake was to purchase it directly to them, since they sell on Ebay too.

I don't know if I have any way to pressure them into fulfilling my order, that will not cost money and involve lawyers, it may be more expensive to take them to court than the ECU, so at least I decided to tell my story here... I will wait until Friday and if I don't hear from them, I will probably order another ECU and cut my losses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-06-2021, 07:55 AM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
dispute with credit card company?

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-06-2021, 08:39 AM
liftsfea

Thanks for the warning.
Fernando likes this.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-06-2021, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Fernando

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Good idea.. I will give it a shot, nothing to lose

Quote:
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-06-2021, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Fernando

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I did what you said, and took it to the credit card company, they asked for chat transcripts and emails, refunded my money after an hour, but they did say an investigation is ongoing and I may get charged again... so for now I got my money back and I will not try to get the ECU from them no more, let them rot.

Thanks jbolty, your suggestion was spot on.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in