• 1 Post By Kruzin
  • 1 Post By Kruzin
  • 1 Post By Indy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-18-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Ingebelle
2011 FSJ Cherokee 

Washer fluid change

I wish to use RainFX fluid for the washer fluid. How do I get the old fluid out the simplest way?
Inge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 AM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

add the rainX to current fluid, my experience it does not work as expected till the second bottle of rainx so don't expect instant results. but well worth the extra price.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-18-2019, 11:23 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Press the washer button in your vehicle and hold it till the reservoir is empty.
Or just do what jtec said, there's no harm in mixing washer fluids.
dln1962 likes this.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #4 of 7 Old 10-18-2019, 11:33 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
could use suck pump, siphon tube.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Turkey baster.
222Doc likes this.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #6 of 7 Old 10-20-2019, 08:13 AM
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingebelle View Post
I wish to use RainFX fluid for the washer fluid. How do I get the old fluid out the simplest way?
Inge
Go to your local parts store and buy a generic 12v fluid pump. It shouldn't be more than $75. Then go to lowes or home Depot and buy a length of 1/4" tubing, $4. Then to your local electronics store and get some wire and large alligator clips, about $10. You'll be all In for less than $100 after tax.

Go home and put everything together, snake the tube to the bottom of the reservoir, attach the gator clips to your battery and let it pump all the liquid out.

As a pro tip, if you attach another length of tubing to the output of the pump you can probably redirect it onto your windshield and wash your windows at the same time. It will be more effective if you also run your windshield wipers.

For about $5 you can get some rope to tie to the wider blades. Cut the rope in half and attach 1 piece to either blade. You'll need 2 friends for this part. Take the output hose from the fluid pump and aim it at different parts of the windshield while your 2 friends use the ropes to pull the wiper blades back and forth.

Now doing this while youre on the freeway gets a little tricky. you'll need a fourth friend to drive and a few rolls of duct tape...
MikeyDeezy likes this.

I'm the only gay eskimo.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-04-2019, 10:17 AM
dln1962
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Plenty of good suggestions about how to solve the problem but I'll just add that I used to use the RainX stuff and quit because it seemed to attract crud to the windshield. When it hasn't rained and the vehicle hasn't been washed for awhile, it seemed to make the wipers streak and smear really badly when Mr. Rain did come along. Went back to the old blue stuff and the effect went away. YMMV, as always.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in