Problems with Window Bolt not Unscrewing - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-25-2020, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Mister_Assister

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Problems with Window Bolt not Unscrewing

I was attempting to replace the driver's side front power window motor and regulator on my '93 Cherokee country. The motor does not work but I managed to get the widow down low enough on the door to where I could easily see where the window was attached to the regulator. On my particular set-up, the window is connected to the regulator by one medium sized, brass, six-pointed star pattern bolt that goes through a hole in the window. When I went to unscrew the bolt, the thing turned fairly stiffly but would not actually loosen. I would turn it and turn it but it wouldn't unscrew just spin in place. I felt the back of the thing and there isn't any nut behind it, just the end of the bolt and a flat, washer-like disc thing up against the window that spins with the bolt when I try to unscrew it. I've tried holding onto that disc but with so little room inside the door it's impossible for me. I've watched a ton of videos and scoured this forum but I cannot find a similar thing happening during a fix like this. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very happy to hear them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2020, 05:21 PM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You should be able to remove the window regulator bolts and wiggle the mechanism around inside the door shell to get the window glass to move down more. IDK if 1993 is like 1996+ but I have always been able to get a pliers to grab the retainer the TORX bolt threads into located on the other side of the glass. Perhaps you need an assistant.

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”

- Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in