The Latest Round of Wheeling Photos & Video's at Rausch - A Month Late - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

2015 JK Wrangler 

The Latest Round of Wheeling Photos & Video's at Rausch - A Month Late

Better late than never, right

My girlfriend, my friends, and myself all decided to do another Rausch Creek Off-road Park trip. We headed out after the Valley Forge Gun Show on Saturday (June 12th) afternoon (I picked up a nice 12 gauge Remington Wingmaster 870, a compact soft case, and a thigh holster for my Glock). Towed the Wrangler up there with my Silverado (I love my tow bar setup!). We got there around 2030 and met up with my friends who were already there. We set up my Truck Tent and mattress, hung out around the fire, then passed out around 0030.

By 0900 on June 13th, we aired down (I ran 11 psi, my buddy was at 16), disconnected sway bars, packed the Jeep's, checked in, and off we went. My buddy Harrison was wheeling his XJ on 35's (locked front/rear), while I was wheeling my TJ on 33's (open w/ 3.07's).

We headed to several trails, including Trail 1, a blue trail where I shot this on-board video:

YouTube - Trail 1 At Rausch Creek - Blue Trail - From My Wrangler TJ of My Buddies XJ - GoPro HD Hero

We meandered on some green and blue trails and eventually made it to Big Rocks. This is one of Harrison's favorite trails as there are several large rocks, as well as a lot of thick mud which makes for some fun times on the rocks:

We moved on to some more trails and then to Rock Creek, with the occasional poser shots along the way:

Next in line was a pretty difficult climb.

Black/red trail:

Then it was my turn:

-Rick R
-2015 JKU - 3.5" JKS JSPEC Kontrol, 315/70R17" MTZ's, 17x9" Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme's, JCR bumpers & skids, JW Speaker tails, Dirty Dog netting/screens, Quadratec Auto Mirror Movers, etc
-03 VW Golf TDI - Diesel
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-FDNY 9/11/01 - All gave some. Some gave all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

2015 JK Wrangler 

Here's the video of that:

YouTube - Steepest Climb In Any of My 5 Jeeps Over the Years - Black/Red Trail at Rausch Creek

And the end to a great day - RC Competition Course & Overlook:

There are SEVERAL more photos but these should suffice.

Here are 2 other vids, though:

Yellow Jacket Ridge:
YouTube - Wheeling my TJ on Yellowjacket Ridge @ Rausch Creek

Some rocks:
YouTube - Rock Crawling in My Wrangler TJ At Rausch Creek Off-road Park in Tremont, PA - GoPro HD Hero

-Rick R
-2015 JKU - 3.5" JKS JSPEC Kontrol, 315/70R17" MTZ's, 17x9" Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme's, JCR bumpers & skids, JW Speaker tails, Dirty Dog netting/screens, Quadratec Auto Mirror Movers, etc
-03 VW Golf TDI - Diesel
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 08:32 AM
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice little lady Looks like ya'll had a good time!
post #4 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Silverton34
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wow, you guys hit the rocks hard! I'm fairly new to the sport and have a Rubicon but really would have guessed hitting the rocks that hard would most certainly break something! These things are much tougher than I would have guessed.

I have always just locked everything up and crawled over stuff in 4lo and six speed in first gear.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 View Post
Nice little lady Looks like ya'll had a good time!
That was actually her first time wheeling. She LOVES it and keeps bugging me to go again. She sent this text message to me a couple days later: "Is that part of the whole 'it's a jeep thing' that you're teaching me about by taking me wheeling? ;p" Plus she loves riding on my motorcycle w/ me, loves hiking, camping, fishing, shooting guns, etc. She is a definitely a keeper :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton34 View Post
Wow, you guys hit the rocks hard! I'm fairly new to the sport and have a Rubicon but really would have guessed hitting the rocks that hard would most certainly break something! These things are much tougher than I would have guessed.

I have always just locked everything up and crawled over stuff in 4lo and six speed in first gear.
Yah, you have it easy lol.

Since I am open and with a horrible gearing to tire size ratio, I have to go pretty hard on some obstacles. If I had 4.56's, an Atlas II, and I had ARB's front/rear, I'd be babying it through there. I've made sure my skid plates can take the hits, and also upgraded my tie rod. The tie rod and D30 diff cover have been taking 90% of the hits!

-Rick R
-03 VW Golf TDI - Diesel
-

post #6 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thats awesome man, she definitely is a keeper.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
rmb2485

2004 TJ Wrangler 

This just reminds me how long it's been since I've been to RC. Next time you go, post up a thread in the Northeast section so I can join you!
post #8 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryJK4455 View Post
Thats awesome man, she definitely is a keeper.
Tell me about it. Most girls I end up dating are the type who hate getting dirty. As you can somewhat see from the 2nd to last photo, we got covered in mud - she was lovin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
This just reminds me how long it's been since I've been to RC. Next time you go, post up a thread in the Northeast section so I can join you!
Get out there man! I tend to go to Rausch once every 1-3 months. I spend the time after that fixing the Jeep lol. Right now it's got some weird vibes, no exhaust from the cat back, and enough other issues to really bug me.

-Rick R
-03 VW Golf TDI - Diesel
-

Tags
pennsylvania , quadratec , rausch creek , wheeling , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in