Kid Spray Painted my Jeep - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Prot

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-29-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Kid Spray Painted my Jeep

On Saturday I was not feeling well and slept most of the day.

I got up in the late afternoon and found a note on my windshield from a neighbor I presume.

It said I am sorry my grandson spray painted the side of your Jeep. I tried to get it off but was not successful. The note also said she would pay for the damages and it had her phone number on it. My first reaction was WTF but at least she left a note. I went around to have a look and it was wasnít as bad as I expected. Still, this is my 2014 JKU in copperhead pearl and it is in perfect condition.

Here are the pictures. It was a spray paint can of maybe a gold metallic or something like that.
Attached Thumbnails
E8770164-4072-4927-BB4F-6CC5FC1A0322.jpg   CDD23F44-F3B2-442B-873D-6AEE24F753CA.jpg   98EF00C4-D214-40E0-9999-C3DBEEB9B08A.jpg   7229A87D-1C59-46E5-A3C4-8115F7352C2D.jpg   BCC92FEB-50DC-4C2B-9E07-6144DC9A828E.jpg  

69E3CCE3-064B-44C7-B1A4-A9F0D2730EB0.jpg  

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-29-2019, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

On Sunday morning I went to OíReillyís. I bought a clay bar kit for about $20
Attached Thumbnails
13CE7896-3ACE-41FF-A82E-AF33B1EA4C48.jpg   F745F25E-689A-4BC6-82BB-409A01DB2710.jpg  

post #3 of 10 Old 11-29-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

I then drive to a nearby park and sat in my folding chair and worked on it for two or three hours. I got it all off and I think the results are fantastic if I do say so myself. Luckily I know something about paint and body otherwise it would have costed the grandma some money.
Attached Thumbnails
78ECD0CE-9152-492D-A9C4-7FB270328024.jpg  
XJ99 likes this.

post #4 of 10 Old 11-29-2019, 08:52 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Nicely done! Did your neighbor offer to pay you for the parts/ your time?

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #5 of 10 Old 11-29-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Nicely done! Did your neighbor offer to pay you for the parts/ your time?

Hoss
Yeah, but I told her that the cost of materials was so little and not to worry about it. She said she punished the kid and it will not happen again.

What bothers me the most is I live a very isolated lifestyle. The only time I am outside while at home is if I am coming or going. I sleep in the day time and work at night alone. I live quietly alone. No wife, girlfriend, kid, dog, pets, nothing. I do everything I can to not make noise, intrude on anyone, bother anyone, and stay as quiet as possible.

I donít even mow my grass because someone else does it for free when he does his and he gets upset if he sees me with a lawn mower.

So I really donít interact with anyone and this incident was an intrusion.

I even dealt with the woman via text because of how I am.

A few years ago crime increased dramatically in my subdivision. I then made it my mission to deal with and in a few months every last criminal was driven out as I struck fear into their hearts.

If they only knew I am just a really nice quiet guy. I am just trying to live out the rest of my days in peace.

post #6 of 10 Old 11-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Letzride

I think that kid is lucky he spray painted your car and not someone elses. Pretty much a guranteed different outcome.

Good on you for keeping a cool head and doing a great repair

1999 TJ 4" Lift - 33's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-30-2019, 03:48 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

I hear you. I'm so picky, I hesitate to let someone else touch my stuff in general.

We went and visited my daughter @ college in Boise a few months back. Picked up a ruby red Ford fusion hybrid at the airport, and declined the 'extra' insurance (as my policy and my CC both cover it), but as luck would have it, I came out of the restaurant not 2 hours after we landed and noticed that some asshat had rubbed the drivers rear corner (even though I parked 20 some spaces away from the next closest car!)

My wife and daughter popped into a clothing shop, and I drove a block down to O'Reillys and picked up a bottle of polishing compound, a bottle of touch up paint, and a bundle of red shop rags.

Rubbed/polished everything I could out, and laid down a coat of touch up where it's worn through. Needed to put 3-4 more coats on over the next 2 days, then polished it again the morning before we left for the airport.

Ended up costing me about the same as the extra insurance would've, but you really couldn't even see it anymore, and I even touched up a few other nicks near the trunk for good measures.

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #8 of 10 Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'd like to know how many beers... (hmm, you're in La., make that mint julips ) in-between scrubbing it took.

Wifey and I stayed in Lafayette back in June on our way to New Orleans. Went down to Tabasco and then looped on up to New Orleans... never seen so much water everywhere!

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #9 of 10 Old 12-03-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
I'd like to know how many beers... (hmm, you're in La., make that mint julips ) in-between scrubbing it took.

Wifey and I stayed in Lafayette back in June on our way to New Orleans. Went down to Tabasco and then looped on up to New Orleans... never seen so much water everywhere!
I have numerous health issues, one of which prevents me from consuming alcohol, among other things.

post #10 of 10 Old 02-02-2020, 10:24 AM
orviston
2012 JK Wrangler 

Get blink cameras. Alert to anybody moving about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in