JL Soft Doors - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kruzin
  • 1 Post By 222Doc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
paylady

JL Soft Doors

Just purchased a 2020 Wrangler this weekend. Yay me! I want soft doors for the summer. What is the best soft door on the market and why?

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 06:07 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Always Bestop for anything soft top/door related. They make the OEM ones for Jeep and have for decades.
They are bar none the industry standard everyone else is compared to.

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2020/wra...osition/front/
paylady likes this.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 07:50 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I agree with best top as the best to get, but. Since soft doors have been around. The upper part window has always had an issue with being sucked open. Tends to happen say going by a semi or other large objects. The best fix is the "window clip" it is basically a small L angle of say aluminium of about 3/8x1/2" mounted at the top of the "A" pillar inside where the door closes. this holds the upper section of the window into the A pillar. So when the suction of a passing vehicle happens the window is held into the A pillar.

There is a thread here on this somewhere with pics.

Found my pic of the clip mod.

paylady likes this.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 10 Old 04-12-2020, 08:34 PM
justlexi93

A friend of mine is planning to replace his jeep door as well but up until now, he is not sure which style/type to get.
Moving on, I can't wait to see the soft door being installed in your jeep. Btw, how long does a soft door last?
post #5 of 10 Old 04-13-2020, 02:32 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
The doors last well. what always wears out first is the zipper on the window. I have had mine on this jeep since about 2012. Though i tend to just use the lowers. On long trails where weather could change i pack the uppers they fit right against the side of the rear roll bars very well.

You can see them hear packed that way on the Rubicon trail run last spring. i dont even run a real top, ever.

post #6 of 10 Old 04-21-2020, 05:58 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
. i dont even run a real top, ever.
But you plan on having a tarp that will fit over the back and sides in case it rains, right?

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #7 of 10 Old 04-22-2020, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
paylady

Here's what's pissing me off about the soft doors. I don't go off-road. I want soft doors so I can remove them quickly and put them in the back and get going...maybe after work...maybe in the morning to go to work weather permitting. I don't want to mount a mirror to the actual door. I feel like the mounted mirror will just be cumbersome when putting the doors in the back of the jeep. Also, when I remove the doors...the damn mirror has to go with it. I'm in VA and I'm required to have at least one side mirror. I thought well...I'll get the mirror that mounts near the windshield and not buy the door mount mirrors...well there are holes already in the soft doors for the mirrors that I don't want.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-22-2020, 08:58 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Problem is, if you mount the mirrors to the w/s frame, you won't be able to see squat in them while the doors are on. They're basically useless in that location until you take off the doors.
The alternative is a quickly attachable/removable mirror. There are styles made that when you pop off the door, the mirror slips into the body side of the upper door hinge or onto a pre-installed bracket on the w/s frame. This way, you have the door mounted mirrors and when you take off the doors it just takes a second to pop on the other mirrors.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #9 of 10 Old 04-22-2020, 09:07 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
But you plan on having a tarp that will fit over the back and sides in case it rains, right?

Yes, even with tarps we get very wet. I dont have door surrounds so the upper soft doors have like a 3" gap anyway. Rock i still have your tarp too....... But heck i dont have clock spring too, so things get wet i dont care much. The wife yea she cares hates getting wet.

The soft doors to very well against brush as well.

post #10 of 10 Old 04-22-2020, 09:59 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Rock i still have your tarp too.......
No, you have your tarp now. Besides, it needs to be bigger.

Yeah, when I had the YJ I had no surrounds... but I had full doors and that kept a decent amount of rain out and the safari and side bags kept out enough of the rest. (just to sort of get back on topic a bit. hehe)

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in