I need a good cigar - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
gribbles

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I need a good cigar

My buddy is getting married this weekend and I am the bestman. We've got the scotch taken care of, now I just need to get some cigars. I don't know a lot about them, really dont know the differences between flavors, things like that, however, I do know I have smoked some cheap cigars, and I sure as hell don't want to buy those.

What do you cigar afficianados suggest? I live near a really nice cigar shop, so selection shouldnt be an issue. Whats good, what do you guys like, I am thinking around a $7-10 cigar, I will be buying 5 of them. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 AM
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

2013 MJ Comanche 

i just had a Te Amo World Selection Honduran. It was good with Makers Mark. Should be about 4-5$.

your best bet would be to find a nice review site and go with what sounds good, there's a huge world of cigars out there.

ಠ_ಠ
post #3 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

anything made by Arturo Fuente (the labels say A. Fuente) is good and they have some starting in that price range.

Also, for even cheaper smokes that are great, try and of the Padron line. The lover end series are a 1000 series (hey make the 2000, 3000, 4000, etc just different sizes) but any of their Anniversary higher end sticks are great (1964 series, 1946 series etc).

best advice i can give is going into a cigar shop and telling the owner that you need help. they're friendly guys who know their stuff and get that all the time.

good luck and happy smoking.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread:
----- The Camper Build Thread:

post #4 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post

your best bet would be to find a nice review site and go with what sounds good, there's a huge world of cigars out there.

i disagree, go talk to a real life person. Even though they may or may not like a certain cigar, any shop owner or worker shou8ld be able to explain the different tastes and flavor profiles to you, as well as have an unbiased opinion of what might fit your needs.

-Andrew

The Beast Build Thread:

post #5 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:22 AM
GSU_DAVE

I would recommend a Romeo and Juliet, Montecristo, or an Arturo Fuente. When you go to the cigar shop make sure to ask for mild-medium ones. If you aren't a regular smoker I would stay away from anything heavy. Generally speaking the darker the color, the heavier the cigar. Make sure they give you some matches, and don't forget the cutter.
post #6 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
MaulCrawler

2007 JK Wrangler 

CAO moontrance.Hints of bourbon and vanilla should compliment the scotch nicely 5-6 bucks

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 WJ SPECIAL EDITION ,DEEP LAVA RED

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 TJ SAHARA (LOTS OF GOODIES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
Putting the white letters in is kinda like wearing your underwear inside out. Sooner or later someone is going to notice the tag and think you are a real idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
It's the 4.0 man. What do you think you've got under the hood? It couldn't keep up with its own shadow
post #7 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudOtter View Post
CAO moontrance.Hints of bourbon and vanilla should compliment the scotch nicely 5-6 bucks
GAH!!!! GROSS!!!! flavor infused cigars. uuuggghhhhhh.

Sorry, haha, but any of the CAO flavors or ACID line of cigars will make me sick to my stomach.

-Andrew

The Beast Build Thread:

post #8 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 AM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

anything Rocky Patel
or anything Arturo Fuente

-Matt

post #9 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

2013 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
i disagree, go talk to a real life person. Even though they may or may not like a certain cigar, any shop owner or worker shou8ld be able to explain the different tastes and flavor profiles to you, as well as have an unbiased opinion of what might fit your needs.
I'd much rather gather a consensus among a wide variety than trust one person who owns a cigar shop. It would be smart to do even a tiny bit of research than show up with 50$ and ask for 5 cigars.

ಠ_ಠ
post #10 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
MaulCrawler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
GAH!!!! GROSS!!!! flavor infused cigars. uuuggghhhhhh.

Sorry, haha, but any of the CAO flavors or ACID line of cigars will make me sick to my stomach.
I agree.Normally i like helix's or something along that line and hate flavored stuff but i just like those with a good glass of baker's or any good bourbon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 WJ SPECIAL EDITION ,DEEP LAVA RED

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:04 TJ SAHARA (LOTS OF GOODIES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
Putting the white letters in is kinda like wearing your underwear inside out. Sooner or later someone is going to notice the tag and think you are a real idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
It's the 4.0 man. What do you think you've got under the hood? It couldn't keep up with its own shadow
post #11 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:31 AM
brandontrek
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Padron...personally know the family...great people...great cigars
post #12 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
apoto11
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
anything made by Arturo Fuente (the labels say A. Fuente) is good and they have some starting in that price range.

Also, for even cheaper smokes that are great, try and of the Padron line. The lover end series are a 1000 series (hey make the 2000, 3000, 4000, etc just different sizes) but any of their Anniversary higher end sticks are great (1964 series, 1946 series etc).

best advice i can give is going into a cigar shop and telling the owner that you need help. they're friendly guys who know their stuff and get that all the time.

good luck and happy smoking.
X2 on the padrons. They are fantastic. I bought a 5 pack of the padron 2000's for $15 from tntcigars.com. Although they would probably be more expensive from a shop they are still a great cigar for cheap. Also I like CAO's a lot. I would recommend a CAO Cameroon or a CAO Brazilia

2000 XJ Cherokee Sport
post #13 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
gribbles

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I plan on going into the shop tomorrow evening, these were my plans, just thought I would get a heads up first

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
post #14 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
propped1

2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
if the people you are getting them for dont normally smoke cigars, stick with the milds (usually a light colored wrapper). A. Fuente, CAO, Romeo e Julieta, and Don Diego are all good for 5-10. My personal favorite are Ashtons. The Ashton Cabinet is about a 15 dollar cigar though.

If you want a quality mild that will make an impression get Don Diego CEOs (Playboy Edition. Have a really cool wrapper too). About 7 bucks (lonsdale, churchhill, or corona), good smoke, not too strong goes well with a beer, scotch, bourbon, cognac, vodka, etc. (anything) without overpowering.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=157

4" lift, PR 44, PR 60, 5.13, 37 Toyo MT, ATX Slabs, Skids, PSC Big Bore, 2Way
post #15 of 69 Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Canfourjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cuban

A lot of good Cuban ones available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in