I don't like the new jeep trucks. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Yesterday I was at the dealer for a minor repair on my JKU and I walked around while waiting.

They had a lifted gladiator on the showroom floor. It had 35” X 12.5” tires on 20” wheels. The fenders and fender flares were stock for whatever the base model is called. The tires stuck out about 5”. I have 315/70-17 tires on my JKU with stock fenders and they stick out only 2”.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 10-27-2019, 12:23 PM
AshMcG23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Yesterday I was at the dealer for a minor repair on my JKU and I walked around while waiting.

They had a lifted gladiator on the showroom floor. It had 35” X 12.5” tires on 20” wheels. The fenders and fender flares were stock for whatever the base model is called. The tires stuck out about 5”. I have 315/70-17 tires on my JKU with stock fenders and they stick out only 2”.
That's almost entirely dependent on the wheel width and offset and likely nothing to do with the truck itself.
post #33 of 36 Old 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM
dln1962
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't care for the looks of them but to each their own. Nobody is making me buy one.

But then I am one of those Neanderthals who believes that pickups have 2 doors, 1 bench seat, 8' beds, and are capable of hauling/towing a lot of weight; everything else is a glorified grocery-getter and I'd rather have an SUV for that purpose than a 4-door pickup with a tiny bed regardless of make. That may have a tiny bit to do with my being left cold by them.
post #34 of 36 Old 11-06-2019, 10:37 AM
jeepguy03
Winning

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's cool that they are finally making a Jeep truck. Yeah, an extended cab offering would be better and so would the 5.7L Hemi, but it's a start. The Rubicons look pretty good in person IMO. A regular cab would never happen, since they are a very low production rate for all pickups across the board.

I would never buy a new truck though since they are all way over priced.

-Josh

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"
post #35 of 36 Old 11-14-2019, 06:26 AM
Ryan...

Garage
I'm one of the goofballs Jeep marketed the Gladiator for. I love Jeeps, always have. I want a truck for the practicality of tossing stuff in the back (small motorcycles, etc), not necessarily for hauling large amounts of anything, I rarely tow, and the idea of taking the roof off and enjoying easy-moderate trails is a goal of mine.

Also, now that the initial rush is over, you can find them all over in Sport trim for $33-35k. That puts it directly in line with an XLT Ranger, Colorado, etc..

Once my ZJ dies I'll be picking up a Gladiator.

1996 Grand Cherokee - 250k and counting
2007 Range Rover Sport
post #36 of 36 Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM
ZEN357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
Same thing happened when the Hellcat first came out. People were paying through the nose just for the honor of being among 'the first'.
An now used hellcat challengers are available for $39-40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in