I am legend discussion... spoilers inside!!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am legend discussion... spoilers inside!!!

Ight instead of ruining it for some, i made this thread.... There are a few things i need cleared up for me!

Movie was great. But what the frick. It left alot unexplained... and it made me uncontrolably frustrated.... it was making me angry...

-When fred was just chilling outside... fred's head moved... now was will going insane which i assumed.... Did he rig that trap up or did the mutants? I doubt he would forget about it... They were their waiting... they saw his other trap... they mutants did seem to have some sort of order in their civilization... Is it possible that they set it? And the FRUSTRATING PART!!!! god dang... i dont care if you are sorta unconsious.... you got mutants trying to eat ya... you cut that rope fast, and you crawl away fast.... he acted like he was paralyzed from the waist down... ya got arms and another leg...!!!! you get the hell out...

- And why didnt he just give his dog some meds, keep him sedated... that one rat was reacting to the drugs...OR why not give it a shot to kill it... no need to strangle your best friend... I understand he stayed with her untill her last moment and he did kill her right over his heart... but i mean cmon!!!

- Why didnt that one head mutant just go out and get him when the dogs did...

-What did he do to lose them when he would go home? (i just didnt catch that part of the movie, somone farted a rob or two behind me and there was some mild comotion in the theatre at this point in the movie, ya kno, when the chick rescues him... and he is passing out in the car... he said something about dont let them follow you!)

-Why the hell wouldnt you just throw the grenade and get in the safe??? I mean jesus, you are the number one scientist who just cured it... give her the blood, o good... cuz they know what the hell to do with it... hell, save yourself over her, you are more important to man kind...

-The head mutant dude was a little over the top at the end... he would just have flattened his head...

Idk, the movie was awsome but i want explenations for everything.... its the one trap scene that i dont get...

and how the hell did he survive a 2 story leap of faith on all the glass and crap... i mean cmon now

--kk thankx if you did read this im sry if i ruined it for you!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

and why did the screening thing not work properly on his wife...

post #3 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 AM
POLBOSS

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I read the first lines of your post, but get over it, is a movie.
post #4 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 AM
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

What i got from the movie...

Quote:
Ight instead of ruining it for some, i made this thread.... There are a few things i need cleared up for me!

Movie was great. But what the frick. It left alot unexplained... and it made me uncontrolably frustrated.... it was making me angry...

-When fred was just chilling outside... fred's head moved... now was will going insane which i assumed.... Did he rig that trap up or did the mutants? I doubt he would forget about it... They were their waiting... they saw his other trap... they mutants did seem to have some sort of order in their civilization... Is it possible that they set it? And the FRUSTRATING PART!!!! god dang... i dont care if you are sorta unconsious.... you got mutants trying to eat ya... you cut that rope fast, and you crawl away fast.... he acted like he was paralyzed from the waist down... ya got arms and another leg...!!!! you get the hell out...
I swear the head moved too. I thought that maybe the head dude dressed up as fred (to avoid the sun) and set the snare for will. Will fell for it and obviously got trapped. And yeah he seemed in no hurry to get outta there. If he would have got up like he did at the last moment he could have avoided losing the dog.

- And why didnt he just give his dog some meds, keep him sedated... that one rat was reacting to the drugs...OR why not give it a shot to kill it... no need to strangle your best friend... I understand he stayed with her untill her last moment and he did kill her right over his heart... but i mean cmon!!!
He gave the dog meds but it did not work. I think he just wanted to be there because the dog was all he had.

Why didnt hitler fight on the front lines? Duh... he was the head honcho

-What did he do to lose them when he would go home? (i just didnt catch that part of the movie, somone farted a rob or two behind me and there was some mild comotion in the theatre at this point in the movie, ya kno, when the chick rescues him... and he is passing out in the car... he said something about dont let them follow you!)
He would go home before dark when they would not see him and carried that "stuff" that he would spray on his steps. I assume it was to avoid them detecting his scent or something. The mutants were able to track him home because it was dark outside (when being rescued by the girl.)

-Why the hell wouldnt you just throw the grenade and get in the safe??? I mean jesus, you are the number one scientist who just cured it... give her the blood, o good... cuz they know what the hell to do with it... hell, save yourself over her, you are more important to man kind...
I think he was afraid they would still follow them...otherwise IDK

-The head mutant dude was a little over the top at the end... he would just have flattened his head...
I agree

Idk, the movie was awsome but i want explenations for everything.... its the one trap scene that i dont get...

and how the hell did he survive a 2 story leap of faith on all the glass and crap... i mean cmon now
hollywood + will smith = fake

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #5 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 AM
vitapimp
Owner of REPOST™

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew

-When fred was just chilling outside... fred's head moved... now was will going insane which i assumed he was going insane .... Did he rig that trap up or did the mutants? the mutants did I doubt he would forget about it... They were their waiting... they saw his other trap... they mutants did seem to have some sort of order in their civilization... Is it possible that they set it? they set it. they still had human traits. remember when that one stuck his head out of the room when he captured that other one. in his lab he was trying to figure out why he did that. saying it has almost lost all its rational thinking. And the FRUSTRATING PART!!!! god dang... i dont care if you are sorta unconsious.... you got mutants trying to eat ya... you cut that rope fast, and you crawl away fast.... he acted like he was paralyzed from the waist down... ya got arms and another leg...!!!! you get the hell out... i agree. he was being a bit of a *****.

- And why didnt he just give his dog some meds, keep him sedated... that one rat was reacting to the drugs...OR why not give it a shot to kill it... no need to strangle your best friend... I understand he stayed with her untill her last moment and he did kill her right over his heart... but i mean cmon!!! it was just supposed to add to the movie. how else would he get all pissed then have a reason to go try and get revenge potentially killing himself then that chick saves him.

- Why didnt that one head mutant just go out and get him when the dogs did... cuz he would have got shot i guess. my question is why didn't the mutant pick up his m4 and start shooting at will. it was right on the other side of the wall. i guess they didn't see it.

-What did he do to lose them when he would go home? (i just didnt catch that part of the movie, somone farted a rob or two behind me and there was some mild comotion in the theatre at this point in the movie, ya kno, when the chick rescues him... and he is passing out in the car... he said something about dont let them follow you!) because he would go home before sundown. then he would sprinkle that solution outside his door step to cover up his smell. rember when he got home and he asked the chick if she waited until sunlight before she took him home. she didn't wait and they followed her. that is how they knew where he lived.

-Why the hell wouldnt you just throw the grenade and get in the safe??? I mean jesus, you are the number one scientist who just cured it... give her the blood, o good... cuz they know what the hell to do with it... hell, save yourself over her, you are more important to man kind... damn dude, do you not pay attention in movies! quit texting or making out with your girlfriend. the chick told him to get in and he told her there wasn't enough room.

-The head mutant dude was a little over the top at the end... he would just have flattened his head... he was psycho.

Idk, the movie was awsome but i want explenations for everything.... its the one trap scene that i dont get... the only part i don't get is how the mutants knew to grab fred. i guess they were watching him go in and out of that store.

he used the mutant as a mattress and landed on him

123456 char

What you are is God's gift to you...
What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
Make a change. Be different.
post #6 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

HAHA...you sound like me when it comes to movies...that's why my wife hates it when I watch movies with her...anyway, here's my two cents:

Quote:

-When fred was just chilling outside... fred's head moved... now was will going insane which i assumed YES, THAT'S WHAT I ASSUMED AS WELL.... Did he rig that trap up or did the mutants? HE RIGGED THE TRAP TO CATCH A MUTANT...MUCH LIKE HE DID THE FIRST TRAP, BUT THE FACT THAT HE WAS GOING INSANE AND HE THOUGHT HE SAW FRED MOVE CAUSED HIM TO TEMPORARILY FORGET ABOUT THE TRAP...SO MUCH LIKE THE WHOLE PREMISE OF THE MOVIE, HE SCREWED THINGS UP BY HIS OWN FAULTS I doubt he would forget about it... They were their waiting... they saw his other trap... they mutants did seem to have some sort of order in their civilization... Is it possible that they set it? And the FRUSTRATING PART!!!! god dang... i dont care if you are sorta unconsious.... you got mutants trying to eat ya... you cut that rope fast, and you crawl away fast.... he acted like he was paralyzed from the waist down... ya got arms and another leg...!!!! you get the hell out...UNFORTUNATELY THAT'S WHAT MAKES A MOVIE A MOVIE...IT'S THE SAME REASON THAT THE HOT GIRL ALWAYS FALLS DOWN WHEN SHE'S BEING CHASED BY THE BAD GUY...IF HE'D HAVE GOTTEN UP AND RAN THE ENTIRE ACTION SCENE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE
IT JUST ADDS TO THE DRAMA FACTOR OF THE MOVIE...IT'S A WARM GOOSHY MOMENT- Why didnt that one head mutant just go out and get him when the dogs did...ONCE AGAIN...JUST ADDS TO THE ACTION...PLUS I THINK THEY WANTED TO SHOW THAT THE HEAD MUTANT HAD SOME INTELLIGENCE
HE ALWAYS MADE SURE THAT HE STARTED HEADING HOME BEFORE THE SUN WENT DOWN SO THE MUTANTS COULDN'T FOLLOW HIM
-Why the hell wouldnt you just throw the grenade and get in the safe??? I mean jesus, you are the number one scientist who just cured it... give her the blood, o good... cuz they know what the hell to do with it... hell, save yourself over her, you are more important to man kind...ONCE AGAIN...NOT AS MUCH A WARM FUZZY
-The head mutant dude was a little over the top at the end... he would just have flattened his head...I AGREE

post #7 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Fred's head didn't move.

The infected set the trap.

People survive 4 story falls, much less 2 story falls.

He was stabbed in the leg, probably had a concussion, and was hanging upside down for a long time. He probably had zero blood in his legs. Essentially, you are paralyzed until the blood returns.

He did give his dog a shot of the meds. It didn't work.

He didn't know the ice and sedation would work until the end of the movie, that is why it wasn't tried on the dog.

It was always light when he went home, that's why the mutants didn't know where he lived.

The head mutant guy was ramming more than just his head into the glass. His shoulder and his hands hit.

The movie director said he wanted a fast intro and a fast exit- less rhetoric, more action.

None of your questions went unanswered in the movie.

I kinda have to laugh man, did you even watch the movie, or were you cuddled up in your G/F's arms because it was scary?

Just kidding..kinda
post #8 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ight first off... FREDS HEAD MOVED!!!!!!

we will never know whether it was his trap or theirs...

yes i understand all the crap about it needs to be in the movie, it is what makes it a movie.....

and i missed once scene cuz of some fat dude that farted behind me...

i just get worked up when i see a good movie cuz i want to know everything about it and why and what and all that good stuff...

post #9 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 PM
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ight first off... FREDS HEAD MOVED!!!!!!

we will never know whether it was his trap or theirs...

Dude. That fart must have messed you up. The head didn't move and the infected set the trap.

Why do you think the leader was standing there with his dogs when the trap went off?

Did you not see the leader of the infected watch Will Smith use the trap that Will set earlier? Where do you think he got the idea?

It is pretty obvious.

REDLYNER Racing #4410

Rugged Radios * Raceline Wheels * DynoMax Exhaust * Motor Trenz * Polar Bear Coolers

Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: redlynerracing
post #10 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 PM
glockfire

Quote:

The infected guy, the main one you seen screaming when he takes one of them captive, and the same one that releases the dogs, he set up the trap with fred. Because Neville screams "Fred, if you're alive answer me, tell me now" type deal before he shoots him. and then he releases one he steps into the pool that it was a trap.... Put it this way. if Neville had set up the trap, what would be the point? The infected would just die, and there would be absolutely no way he could retreieve it at night (Hence no blanket in the trap).

He was injured and frightened, not thinking rationally

I wondered the same thing. It wouldve been the perfect chance

He always went home before dark so they wouldnt have a chance to follow him

It made for a good half of the ending at least

Ya, it wouldve been better if he had devised a battering ram or something primitive to get in.

The ending would have been so much better if when Anna got to Vermont, there was nothing there but trees, then she drops the vial and it breaks, then you hear a growl from the shade....fade to black, movie ends.

l_JEEP_l
(OlllllllO)

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
post #11 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM
dz1087

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I saw the head move.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
post #12 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 02:27 PM
CHRRRIS

Didn't see the head move.

But that was a good movie.

I agree, ending would have been awsome if it were like glockfire said.
post #13 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Beefstew
Jub Jub

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1087
I saw the head move.

THE HEAD MOVED!!!!!!

it wasnt their trap... it was his...

it emphasized that blood was spilled( he hit his head and they focused on the blood dripping in the puddle...)

and wtf... he had the jets and enough resources... couldnt he have just leveled n y city... were would the mutants hide?

i would fly the jet to a desert... or take the boats....

post #14 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
CNY
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
........and wtf... he had the jets and enough resources... couldnt he have just leveled n y city... were would the mutants hide?....
A) Those "jets" were museum pieces, sitting on the Intrepid museum.

B) He didn't want to kill them, he wanted to cure them. Jeesh, you really missed the point ot the movie, didn't you?
post #15 of 88 Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
glockfire

Quote:
THE HEAD MOVED!!!!!!

it wasnt their trap... it was his...

it emphasized that blood was spilled( he hit his head and they focused on the blood dripping in the puddle...)

and wtf... he had the jets and enough resources... couldnt he have just leveled n y city... were would the mutants hide?

i would fly the jet to a desert... or take the boats....
Dear god, that may be the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time

l_JEEP_l
(OlllllllO)

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in