Do people ever **** with your winch when your Jeep is unattended? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
TheMightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Do people ever **** with your winch when your Jeep is unattended?

I have a friend who thinks it's funny to flip up my wipers and write **** in the mud on my Jeep every time he sees it parked somewhere. I don't really give a **** about that, except every now and then he thinks it's clever to hook my winch to something stupid. That pisses me off a bit, because I have to re-spool it, and it's a pain in the ***.

It especially pissed me off today, because when I went to re-spool it, I noticed it doesn't ****ing work anymore. Now, the clutch has been stuck in for months and I've just been living with it, and I noticed he forced it to out to un-spool the cable, but also the housing on the control box got cracked shortly after the last time I used it, so I don't know if my friend broke the clutch or if water got in there and it was broken before he messed with it. So I'm not going to bother telling him the winch doesn't work anymore since I don't know if he's responsible. But it does strike me as asinine to play with someone's winch.

So, anyone here ever get that?

And if my control box did short out, anyone know where I can get a replacement? It was the cheap Harbor Freight winch that was on sale for $300 a while ago, so it could have been worse, but the thing has been reliable up until now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
trailblaze

2005 TJ Wrangler 

wow.... first thing i'd do is go visit your "friend", park behind him....wrap your winch cable around his bumper or what ever....go in have a beer or what ever, tell him how ****in funny he is all the time and then say you have to go...when you leave, be sure to gun it and rip his bumper off.

then find new friends

Matt
post #3 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
That1guy

2007 WK 

I'd have a talk with him and get a better winch.

I'm forever grateful to Speedycat and RnEmOvr for their generosity
post #4 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
red96jeep

yeah i have friends that would mess with my jeep all the time, once they unpluged the coil pack from the distrubtor (sp? i'm lame) went to start it and nothing they all watched me panic for about ten minutes trying to figure out what was wrong with it, when i found it i swore revenge on him. few weeks later i thought it would be funny to paint his hub caps silver and gold(old buick) got some spray paint and had at it. we stoped ****ing with each others cars after that.

1996 jeep cherokee se 2 door
5 inch lift
rear ended= totaled
Rocky Mountain Edition Club member #4
project vehicle
new 2002 jetta 1.8t DD
post #5 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 05:37 PM
timmyt

2006 LJ Wrangler 

****. wait, what???

2006 LJ Rubicon. 2.5"RC BB/BL kit. 285/75/16 BFG KM2's on Moabs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:02 PM
yjjustforme

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would be HEATED if i was you!!! Yeah me and my buddies play around with each others rides (you know open a tail gate, stand wipers up, turn mirrors, but to do that! I think thats to far). My buddy thought it would be funny to unbolt my seats and take them (top was off) and didnt tell me where they were for like a day, so to get even (he drives a mustang) i took my hi lift jack and lifted his car up and placed both of his axels (all four corners) on cenderblocks that were like a foot and a half high!!! His bottle jack wasnt able to lift that high, so he was stuck. And i left his car like that for three days, and so far he hasent messed with my baby yet!

Just let me get my hands on the guys that decided to install torx bolts on JEEPS!
post #7 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Coiz

1979 CJ7 

Garage
Yeah, I had a friend who thought it was funny to unlock my rear hubs. You start it, put it in gear then nothing. It was just a pain to have to climb out to lock them both in then drive off. One day he did it at work and my parking brake let loose, I'm not sure why it wasn't in gear either but my Jeep rolled out of it's spot. Luckily it stopped as it wasn't going fast enough to clear the curb or it would have hit the building made of brick and glass.

I went into his work area and ranted how "someone" unlocked my hubs and my Jeep rolled out of it's spot and hit another car. I let him stew on that for 5 minutes then came clean. He never admitted to that instance as we did work with some knuckleheads but my hubs never got touched again.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1979 CJ7, FI 5.0L Ford, NP435, D300, Full floated D44 Detroit, D30 Detroit EZ Locker.
post #8 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

one of the local here on the board went out to TDS with me for the first time a few years back. He went over to vendors row in someone elses rig, while he was gone I wired his horn to his headlights and pulled his vac disco lines.

it was awsome when he turned on his headlights later that night

92 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited +
Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #9 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:30 PM
BOWMAN1911

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Don't touch my ****in' ride! If I were in your shoes, my ex-friend would have just bought me a new winch. Your friend may think it's cute to finger **** your ride, but my friends know they'd be dead as fried ****in' chicken if they touch my Heep when I'm not around. I'm poor, & it took too much blood, sweat, & beers to get my jeep to where it is. I don't touch their moms, & they don't touch my jeep!

NON GRATUM ANUS RODENTUM
post #10 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
ctown67

2007 JK Wrangler 

a mother **** men. that's a no fly zone.

List of stock parts that have been eviscerated.

power steering pump, tie rod, front left knuckle, horn, weld on rear track bar, rear track bar bracket, both rear fenders, front passenger fender, punctured spare tire, rear bar pins, steering stabilizer shock, front drivers side shock, spare tire carrier.
post #11 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Pedro_Slick

1989 YJ Wrangler 

i steal my friends doors all the time in middle of the ****ing winter, so he threatens to take my top off and that ***** is too hard to put back on seeing as it is a bit small so i give him the doors back and he forgets the top
post #12 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
TheMightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Slick View Post
i steal my friends doors all the time in middle of the ****ing winter, so he threatens to take my top off and that ***** is too hard to put back on seeing as it is a bit small so i give him the doors back and he forgets the top
He should just steal your doors and put them on his Jeep.

Unless he has full doors and yours are soft ones or something.
post #13 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 08:30 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyGoat View Post
It was the cheap Harbor Freight winch that was on sale for $300
throw it in the trash and get a real (Warn) winch!

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #14 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
yjjustforme

1995 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^ oh here we go again!, LOL

Just let me get my hands on the guys that decided to install torx bolts on JEEPS!
post #15 of 53 Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
athos76

2006 TJ Wrangler 

not my winch, but I did have a coworker take the lugs off of my spare one day. Too bad for him it fell off when he was following me to go get lunch. So he had to buy me a new spare...and for the laugh, I bought lunch

2006 I6 6-Speed X, 33" Goodyear Duratrac, 8.8.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in