Compatible front end parts for an '02 Taurus - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-14-2019, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
bradleyheathhays

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Compatible front end parts for an '02 Taurus

Damn, it took 30 years of driving to cause my first accident, and on Friday the damn 13th. Did a low speed rear end into the back of a lifted truck and got into it's trailer receiver. The only place it made contact with was at the very front center of the hood close to where it latches. Unfortunately the impact was enough that there's a longitudinal hump in the middle of the hood now, bowed 6 inches on each side above the quarter panels, which weren't involved at all thank God. Both my headlights are cracked at the top, but not because they got hit; I think it was because the hood and it's latch was pushed back during the collision possibly deforming the support structure, causing the to separate. The hood is lifted up about 3 inches above each headlight and when looking in at the support material just behind each headlight, one side shows cracks and the other cracks and about a 1/2 gap in the material. Can't tell but it may resemble fiberglass, not really sure? My best guess is that the whole front bumper is gonna have to come off and that entire front support piece be replaced. Any advice on how hard this can be? I do a lot of my own work but I really don't want to be getting into this especially with the weather getting so bad now.

When I go junkyard shopping for parts, what year Tauruses are compatible with my '02?

--
~~_/) ~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2019, 07:47 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
go to oreilly https://www.oreillyauto.com find the part then scroll down to compatibility and it will show what other cars use the same part.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Mercury Sable is mostly the same as Ford Taurus.

Forgive me if I am wrong but in this thread you state you have been driving thirty years and in another thread you started you indicated you live with your mom which I would expect to mean you are a very young person.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

My brother lives with my mom and he's 63 and well, she's 91.

I would rather have a tool I don't need, than need a tool I don't have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in