Any advice on Firestone Destination AT or Ironman All Country AT in 31x10.5x15 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-15-2019, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Rollin20z

Any advice on Firestone Destination AT or Ironman All Country AT in 31x10.5x15

Looking for some new tires and found a practically new set of the Firestones with couple thousand miles at pretty good price in 31x10.5x15 compared to brand new. Just wondering if anyone runs these and what they think of them. Im new to jeeps so I'm trying. Probably end up mostly road miles but possibly giving off road a try. So was wondering about how they perform off road if any and about how noisy they may be on road. Right now it has BFG All Terrain AT on it in same size and they seem quiet to me and ride pretty good.

Also seen some of these 31X10.50X15 C Ironman All Country AT for about $360 set/delivered. Any opinions on these?

Any advice is appreciated.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-15-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Rollin20z

Sorry, looks like I posted in wrong section. Mods please delete...
Thanks
post #3 of 7 Old 05-17-2019, 11:50 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Have you considered Goodyear Duratracs?

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Firestone Destination AT are nothing special, but are OK tires. They are quiet on pavement and wear well. They absolutely stink as snow tires, and probably are barely adequate off-road. BFG A/T tires will be a bit noisier on pavement, wear very well, are very good snow tires, and will work well off-road for everything except deep sticky mud. Lower cost not a name brand all terrain tires often are loud, usually have a shorter lifespan, are not very impressive at all off-road, and sometimes can be very difficult to balance.

You should also look at the Kuhmo Road Venture AT51. These wear very well, are pretty quiet on pavement, are very good snow tires, and will probably work well off-road for everything except deep sticky mud.

I have had several sets of BFG A/T and a set of Kuhmo AT51 and would buy either ones again. I would not buy any Firestone Destination AT again. Lots of people recommend the Goodyear Duratracs also.

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-19-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Rollin20z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Have you considered Goodyear Duratracs?
I haven't, honestly haven't really looked. Just seen a set of the firestone at what I thought was a decent price and was curious if anyone ad any exp. with them. but I will take a look when i'm really ready.
Thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 05-19-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Rollin20z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Firestone Destination AT are nothing special, but are OK tires. They are quiet on pavement and wear well. They absolutely stink as snow tires, and probably are barely adequate off-road. BFG A/T tires will be a bit noisier on pavement, wear very well, are very good snow tires, and will work well off-road for everything except deep sticky mud. Lower cost not a name brand all terrain tires often are loud, usually have a shorter lifespan, are not very impressive at all off-road, and sometimes can be very difficult to balance.

You should also look at the Kuhmo Road Venture AT51. These wear very well, are pretty quiet on pavement, are very good snow tires, and will probably work well off-road for everything except deep sticky mud.

I have had several sets of BFG A/T and a set of Kuhmo AT51 and would buy either ones again. Lots of people recommend the Goodyear Duratracs also.

Appreciate the input Tim

I do like the BFG's on there now, Seems quiet to me and ride nice. I guess rears are lil more worn p/o doesn't look like they rotated properly so there at I'd say 25% and did get a lil squiggly at light the other day in rain though. I'll check out the Kuhmo's also
post #7 of 7 Old 05-19-2019, 07:17 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin20z View Post
I haven't, honestly haven't really looked. Just seen a set of the firestone at what I thought was a decent price and was curious if anyone ad any exp. with them. but I will take a look when i'm really ready.
Thanks
They aren’t stupid expensive but they are not cheap either.

I have owned three sets of 315/70-17 Duratracs. Each time when it is time replace them, I look to see if there is something better on the market for my needs, and I still keep coming back to them. Every tire is a compromise, but these suit me well.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in