Who's built their own treestand or blind? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-09-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Who's built their own treestand or blind?

Curious as to what materials you used, size, floor height above ground and anything else that persuaded you to build it the way you did.

I can hunt from my own property since I live surrounded by woods, or on several neighbors' property that cover several hundred acres of woods.

It will mainly be used for deer, fox, coyote, and turkey. Or occasionally a pesky woodchuck burrowing in the backyard.

I'll mainly use my Barnett crossbow if that matters. I *may* pick up a cloth type hunting blind as well for portability.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-13-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up this two person (tight squeeze) Ameristep ground blind and set it up for use.

Not a bad blind for the $. Dicks Sporting Goods had a sale last weekend that saved me ~1/2 price with rewards $, sale price, plus veteran discount.

Did some sighting as well.

Bottom shot was taken at ~95', then I gave the crossbow scope 4 clicks up & took a second shot. I think I'll leave it there for now.

I'm using a Barnett Assault 350 crossbow with 100gr Barnett carbon bolts and Halo scope.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-19-2019, 12:45 PM
dln1962
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't hunted deer in a long time but when I still bothered with it, I had a stand about 14' up in a forked pin oak, which is a "junk" tree that nobody will want to run through a sawmill. Just made use of both forks to anchor cross arms with cantilevers and stringers and built a "deck" on that, about 6X8. I used it for several years with pretty good results with just a little annual fix-up and maintenance.

A storm having taken the tree down coincided with my loss of interest in getting up at zero-dark-hundred and freezing my butt off just to be able to eat roast ditch rat.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

^^^ ^^^

Perhaps I'm more tolerant in my old age.

I've got a few neighbors willing to lend a hand in building one if I decide to put one up in a tree, whether its on my property or on theirs, which is nice. 6x8 would really be sweet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in