RV Remodeling - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-20-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
NIUPonyBoy

2007 JK Wrangler 

RV Remodeling

As we are having an oddly warm February and the snow has gone from 3 feet around the RV to 8 inches I am now thinking about what to do next. Background: i have an old gasser RV and am fixing it up, it is very useable just dated and aomewhat worn. I recently had the exterior paint correcred. I am going to be replacing the carpet however soon but I haven't decided with what. It will be an LVT of some sort but haven't decided what design on it. It will be dependant on if I tear out the hardwood in the kitchen area or not. It is in good shape, but dated. I also fear what the subfloor would look like under it once I started. The stuff under the carpet is pretty decent.

But that will work itself out, my main concern now is updating the head. It is small, obviously, but everything works just very dated and worn. So I very much want to update it, replacing all of it... the shower, sink and toilet. Along with the flooring etc in there too. I've remodeled bathrooms in houses but never an RV, I don't want to just go in guns a blazing and start tearing it all out as I have no idea how to "frame" or plum or attach anything in there, especially on the exterior wall. I'm sure I can figure out the materials to be used but suggestions there as well would be appreciated.

I do not want to break the bank on this old girl.

'15 Expedition EL, '12 Outback,'07 JK, '06 Mustang GT, '05 PowerWagon,'05 Freestar, '02 Yamaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy View Post
As we are having an oddly warm February and the snow has gone from 3 feet around the RV to 8 inches I am now thinking about what to do next. Background: i have an old gasser RV and am fixing it up, it is very useable just dated and aomewhat worn. I recently had the exterior paint correcred. I am going to be replacing the carpet however soon but I haven't decided with what. It will be an LVT of some sort but haven't decided what design on it. It will be dependant on if I tear out the hardwood in the kitchen area or not. It is in good shape, but dated. I also fear what the subfloor would look like under it once I started. The stuff under the carpet is pretty decent.

But that will work itself out, my main concern now is updating the head. It is small, obviously, but everything works just very dated and worn. So I very much want to update it, replacing all of it... the shower, sink and toilet. Along with the flooring etc in there too. I've remodeled bathrooms in houses but never an RV, I don't want to just go in guns a blazing and start tearing it all out as I have no idea how to "frame" or plum or attach anything in there, especially on the exterior wall. I'm sure I can figure out the materials to be used but suggestions there as well would be appreciated.

I do not want to break the bank on this old girl.

If the bathroom is in good working order I would leave it alone. I would concentrate more on drive train and comfort.

01TJ33sWarn,ARBs F&R,bellyup,4.0,4.56s,5spd
99 XJ33sWinch,Electric locker up front,4.56s,4.0Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in