Revolvers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Tollster
1980 CJ5 

I have two 38/357 and both are pretty comfortable to shoot. Both are model 66, only one is a Taurus and the Other a Smith and Wesson. The Smith is a bit heavier, but better quality, Nichol plated.. and the Taurus shoots just as good, heavier trigger, with more creep, but both are very dependable.. The Smith and Wessons have a lot more internal parts, and the trigger has been worked by a previous owner, it breaks clean, and crisp, but he over did it, when shooting single action, you can physically break the hammer by pushing on it... Not very safe, and extra care is prudent.. I have yet to dig into it.. I mostly shoot my semi's or my 22 revolvers..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 02-11-2015, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
TedderX_

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks fellas. I think I've gotten enough information to make a decision.

-Tedder

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
post #18 of 21 Old 02-16-2015, 01:58 PM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't think of the model number at the moment but I've got a 38/357 S&W with a 6" barrel and rose handle. It's pretty! Shoots great too.

I also have several Rugers, which one isn't a full-size revolver like you asked, but my favorite revolver is a snub noised hammerless SP101 38/357. It's a kick *** little gun and with 357s it puts out a flame. Solid gun, and was my first carry gun before my Glock.

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Tacoma TRD OR

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists. Don Colacho

post #19 of 21 Old 03-31-2015, 11:10 AM
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

S&W 686 is probably the "go to" revolver for many people including a lot of competitors.

I have a S&W SSR which is their "pro series" 686. That basically means it falls between the "regualr" lineup and the performance center lineup. Great revolver, shoots far better than I can and I personally like the look with the sloped lower lug.
post #20 of 21 Old 03-19-2020, 01:10 PM
ppine

Garage
Colt or Smith&Wesson are hard to beat.
slickrock steve likes this.
post #21 of 21 Old 04-10-2020, 08:07 PM
slickrock steve

As I have said before, I love my single action Blackhawk for it's simple and reliable action, and it's comfortable to carry while hiking. Living in the "Kommifornicate" jungle, I am limited as to what I carry out when camping or hiking, but with +P loads and even snake shot, it has served me well since the 80's. I also have a Marlin 1894C rifle in .357. so the two make a heavy punch when handloads are used for Pigs, or Javalina.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in