forest service roads near Crater Lake - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
green199newbee

forest service roads near Crater Lake

I recently acquired a 1999 Jeep Cherokee and want to explore the Crater Lake area. I have some experience with 4WD as a passenger in my sons jeep. Is there anyone out there that can give me any good forest roads that are easy to moderate that I could check out. My jeep is mildly modified (3" lift). My sons is much better equipped and we plan on traveling together. Ay info would be much appreciated. Any know books or publications avail? when in SF we travel the Sierras and he had a great book covering roads as to difficulty and services.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I use HERE. It is designed allot like the old tom toms and is for "on road" navigation but it show forestry roads and even lesser traveled county roads and public easements. It even show the road numbers.

I live in a very rural area and even my way I have found their maps to be very complete. You can download the maps and if your phone or tablet is GPS enabled you can use them off line. There maps do take up allot of space.

Here doesn't offer any tracking or routing like traditional GPS or apps more designed for off roading but the HERE app has the most complete maps as far as regular roads, forestry roads, county roads and even public easements then any I have seen.

01TJ33sWarn,ARBs F&R,bellyup,4.0,4.56s,5spd
99 XJ33sWinch,Electric locker up front,4.56s,4.0Auto
post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2020, 06:59 PM
ppine

Garage
The upper Rogue River has some great roads. I would just head out and not worry about a bunch of guide books and maps. Just pay attention to where you are and how to get back. A National Forest map is good and a GPS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in