Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WTF - Need Help Badly

840 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Coyotemopar 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Have another post for my P0088 - Powertrain - Common rail high pressure I changed the filter tonight and it has gone from bad to worse. The Jeep cranks but does not start and immediately sets the check engine light and the following codes:

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN: 1J8HR68M28C187022
Vehicle Manufacturer: Jeep
Vehicle Calibration ID: 05187296AD00000005150240ABjq3300

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0245: Turbo/Super Charger Wastegate Solenoid "A" Low
P0489: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0638: Throttle Actuator Control Range/Performance (Bank 1)

I think I may have towed to the stealership as I do not know what else to do with this thing...

See less See more
#3 ·
Yikes. Sounds to me like you may have a turbo actuator issue. I have a thread on the subject here:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67...nt-step-step-2093913/index4.html#post20216193

If this IS indeed the problem and you take it to the dealer, they will tell you that the turbo is bad and needs to be replaces to the tune of $3K to $5K depending on the dealer. You can replace the actuator yourself pretty easy for WAY less....usually under $400. The dealer is not allowed to sell the actuator separately....so they will remove your perfectly good turbo and replace it for the sake of the actuator. An actuator is simply a fancy servo motor.... an easy fix.

#4 ·
By the way, our turbos have no "waste gate". That code is sort of a misnomer in our case. The boost pressure is controlled totally by the variable vanes in the turbo and they are controlled by the actuator. If you get an over-boost, there is no place for the excess pressure to escape.

#5 ·
Thank you Chirpz.

I will dig into it again after work today. I can tell you t will crank but not start. Just in case I am going to clean the ground by the fuel filter. It just seems incredibly strange that it was running yesterday before I changed out the fuel filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.