WK Grand Cherokee Hydraulic Fan Solenoid - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 05-08-2017, 04:49 AM
SKALA308
2009 WK 

I will start a new post on this, but got my Jeep's hydraulic fan to now at last work as I want.
Used HP Tuner and set the low, med/high activation temps etc, but still did not go to high speed when reaching 100 C as set.
Today went back to the guy who does my tuning and found following:
3 hydraulic fan types nl
1. two speed
2. three speed
3. pulsed modulated

My Jeep has the pulsed modulated and thus the low/high temp limits are not the controlling settings. There is a selection where the required engine temp must be set, then the fan will attempt to maintain this set temp. Fan speed ramps up to full speed if required to keep this set temp.
The default on my Jeep was 103 C. Brought this down to 95 C and now works like a charm.

2009 WK Overland 5.7 hemi. OME 2" lift, cats removed, free flow with harmonics chamber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 05-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Clarkyau
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKALA308 View Post
Hi Clarkyau, thanks for your info. So if I connect the centre wire from the solenoid with a variable rheostat to ground, the fan speed can be controlled manually?
What resistance range should the rheostat be, if you can take a guess? And just to be 100% sure, that centre wire goes to ground not positive on battery?

Thanks
Yes you could control it like that, I don't actually know the resistance values the factory use only that nil resistance is full speed.

Note: You do get a code, no mil light. It won't interfere with the fans normal operation once the code is thrown just shows a related code when scanned.

http://plus.google.com/u/0/+DownunderJeep/posts/p/pub
post #18 of 19 Old 05-11-2017, 06:00 PM
TurboDiesel

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKALA308 View Post
I will start a new post on this, but got my Jeep's hydraulic fan to now at last work as I want.
Used HP Tuner and set the low, med/high activation temps etc, but still did not go to high speed when reaching 100 C as set.
Today went back to the guy who does my tuning and found following:
3 hydraulic fan types nl
1. two speed
2. three speed
3. pulsed modulated

My Jeep has the pulsed modulated and thus the low/high temp limits are not the controlling settings. There is a selection where the required engine temp must be set, then the fan will attempt to maintain this set temp. Fan speed ramps up to full speed if required to keep this set temp.
The default on my Jeep was 103 C. Brought this down to 95 C and now works like a charm.
hmmm i wonder if i can find a guy local to do that to my CRD...

2008 CRD // GDE Eco // DPF delete // 3" intercooler // OME HD // 265 dirtytracs etc.

post #19 of 19 Old 04-01-2020, 12:11 AM
Witblitz

Garage
Hi
Where in Cape Town did you get the required temp set on you Jeep. I having similar issues and would love my motor to stay constant at 95C at the moment it goes up tp 105c in Cape Town peak hour traffic.
When I disconnect the temp sender unit wire the fan goes up to full speed, but otherwise not. Any clue where else I should look
Many thanks
Mark aka Witblitz
Ps I have the OBD Jscan software, however I cant find where the engine and transmission temps can be adjusted

Tags
2007 , crd , grand cherokee , hydraulic fan , solenoid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in