WK CRD air box removal, prior to alternator replacement - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
oilverland
2008 WK 

WK CRD air box removal, prior to alternator replacement

Hi - Instructions I find for alternator replacement, such as in

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/3...ation-1395553/

say to remove the air box (the whole thing). It is somehow fastened to a rubber mount at the bottom. Do I yank the box out, or turn that mount from the bottom? Is there a bolt there? (I don't see so well close up so I can't tell if it's a bolt or what.)

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

SOLD, July 2018 - 2008 Overland Diesel QDII, Thanks for the 6 1/2 years of help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 07:13 PM
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Yes, there's a bolt at the back of the box, you gotta look for it iirc it's somewhat hidden. Access from the top.

07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 200,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | pre-N23 FDCM |

89 GW w/plow
post #3 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 11:32 PM
ggrassmid
2008 WK 

1 bolt along the wheel well tub. The rubber mount in the bottom just pulls out or pushes in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-22-2016, 09:21 AM
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

While you're at it, please send me the length and thread of that bolt. (The mechanic 'misplaced' mine.)

07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 200,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | pre-N23 FDCM |

89 GW w/plow
post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
oilverland
2008 WK 

I looked again, finally, no evidence of any bolt. There is a rubber mount on the fender side of the box, held in place by a rubber mount. It sticks through with a conical taper and then a slot at the bottom of the cone. Does not come off trying easily!

So I have an 08 and the prior post an 07 - did it change? Or did the dealer cut off that cone leaving what might look like a bolt hole?

It took me a while to get motivated to get back to this because the noise that I thot was the alternator went away within a day. There was paving going onto the local country road and I may have picked up a bit of sticky gravel that eventually came out.

SOLD, July 2018 - 2008 Overland Diesel QDII, Thanks for the 6 1/2 years of help!

Tags
air box , alternator , crd , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in