WK 3.0 CRD camshaft position sensor - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 65 Old 05-31-2018, 10:44 AM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
I'm thinking you have fuel pressure issues. If I'm remembering right (and someone please correct me if they know better, because I would love to have confirmed correct numbers), that rail pressure with the engine off should be ~100psi, rail pressure while cranking should be ~1800psi, and idle pressure should be around 4000psi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 65 Old 05-31-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray203m View Post
I'm thinking you have fuel pressure issues. If I'm remembering right (and someone please correct me if they know better, because I would love to have confirmed correct numbers), that rail pressure with the engine off should be ~100psi, rail pressure while cranking should be ~1800psi, and idle pressure should be around 4000psi
That's much higher than mine.
Where can i find this information?
post #18 of 65 Old 06-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
This is the closest information I've been able to locate so far

https:// oregonfuelinjection.com/services-repair/diesel-diagnostics-repair/sprinter-diesel-diagnostics/

https:// oregonfuelinjection.com/services-repair/diesel-diagnostics-repair/jeep-diesel-diagnostics/

**I'm new to the forum and don't have a high enough post count to post links I guess. Just take the spaces out of the links**

I'm working on getting the factory service manual for the engine but both these engines show similar fuel pressure values, so I'm thinking that most common rail engines operate around the same pressures

I should also add that I've confirmed very similar fuel pressures on my own 2008 WK CRD using Torque Pro

post #19 of 65 Old 06-01-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
This is the closest information I've been able to locate so far

https:// oregonfuelinjection.com/services-repair/diesel-diagnostics-repair/sprinter-diesel-diagnostics/

https:// oregonfuelinjection.com/services-repair/diesel-diagnostics-repair/jeep-diesel-diagnostics/

**I'm new to the forum and don't have a high enough post count to post links I guess. Just take the spaces out of the links**

I'm working on getting the factory service manual for the engine but both these engines show similar fuel pressure values, so I'm thinking that most common rail engines operate around the same pressures

I should also add that I've confirmed very similar fuel pressures on my own 2008 WK CRD using Torque Pro
But in the thread there're talking about Liberty's 2.8 and Sprinters until 2006 (i don't know how engine was mounted in those Sprinter's).
post #20 of 65 Old 06-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
I understand the liberty and sprinter are different motors, but they're both common rail like our engine. The sprinter is a 4 or 5 cylinder Mercedes OM class engine. The pressures those links give aren't perfect, and I'm actively working on getting more accurate numbers (should have them by morning), but I did compare the pressures from those links with the pressures I'm getting from my 2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0L CRD and they are very close. Close enough to get a good idea of what pressures to be looking for.
post #21 of 65 Old 06-02-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
I apologize you!
I was wrong, data was in BAR, not PSI!
6 bar in rest, before starting (i don't know if it's right pressure or too low).
250 bar started (it's right, good pressure).

Looking pics or your engines, i can see that the arrangement of several elements (cables, tubes) in mine are wrong.
Different mechanics playing my car have done odd jobs, I see.
post #22 of 65 Old 06-12-2018, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
News!

I took the Jeep to a Bosch center.

They told me all injectors overflow and can not be repared.

More of two thousand euros to change them.

I'm thinking in buying them rebranded, in Germany the're interchangeable injectors like this: https://www.ebay.es/itm/Injektor-Ein...torefresh=true

Any advice?

Thanks.
post #23 of 65 Old 06-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Jambalam

2007 WK 

Garage
I just had my injectors all bench tested and replaced at the end of last year. 5 of 6 failed completely and one was passable, my extended warranty paid for the whole thing because my injector pump failed less than a week before; we convinced them the failed pump caused the failed injectors, which is highly possible but difficult to prove. It's quite possible that an injector failed which caused my pump to fail too but the injector pump may be worth investigating for you either way.

Preparing to have my claim rejected, the cheapest I was able to find 6 injectors was about $1200 US dollars but it was $2000 up front and $800 given back upon receiving my dead injectors (CORE charge) up to 12 weeks later. Seems 2000 EUR for the entire job would be a fairly similar price across the pond, my bill ended up being around $3500 US. I know there are a lot of shops that do nothing but diesel injectors; test, rebuild, sell, ect. I'd recommend contacting a few of them to find parts then hand your mechanic the parts you sourced.

Good luck sir!
Tetto likes this.

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited CRD.
2006 Grand Cherokee Larado 3.7 V6.
Denver,CO
post #24 of 65 Old 06-14-2018, 09:19 AM
Jambalam

2007 WK 

Garage
Also, the bench testing was reassuring but if you're already convinced that even one injector is bad, skip the testing (unless its free) and just get the injectors.

Also-also, I watched a decent video on how they re manufacture injectors from a shop's website and as long as that wasn't total BS, I'm convinced re manufactured injectors are 100% just as good as brand new, save yourself a little money with the re-mans.
Tetto likes this.

Denver,CO
post #25 of 65 Old 06-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Tetto

Garage
+1 for remanufactured injectors. I've been snatching up the reman injectors from Rock Auto (0986435355) as they come available one-by-one (I'm pretty sure I'm buying my old injector bodies back at this point...), and I've had no issues so far. I've paid about $380 USD up front, with $110 coming back after the core return of my old injector.
post #26 of 65 Old 06-27-2018, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Camshaft position sensor changed yesterday.
Hot car problems continue. I'm desperated, i don't understand this happens with A/C switched on, but works fine with A/C switched off.
Recapitulating: if car is hot (parked outside, with sun striking him) and i turned on A/C, when i move the steering wheel or release brake pedal and squeeze accelerator, Jeep stalls. If car is hot, but i DON'T turn on A/C, works fine.
post #27 of 65 Old 06-27-2018, 08:58 AM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotec View Post
Hot car problems continue. I'm desperated, i don't understand this happens with A/C switched on, but works fine with A/C switched off.
Recapitulating: if car is hot (parked outside, with sun striking him) and i turned on A/C, when i move the steering wheel or release brake pedal and squeeze accelerator, Jeep stalls. If car is hot, but i DON'T turn on A/C, works fine.
Are there any strange noises when you turn the AC on?

Does the radiator fan spin freely? Does it make any odd noises when it engages?

Does the power steering pump make any odd noises?

The radiatorfan is run off of the power steering pump with an electronic clutch. When you turn on the AC it will activate the radiator fan because you need to pull air through the AC condenser in order to make to AC work.

If the AC compressor, power steering pump, or radiator fan are having issues that would cause excessive drag, you should find your culprit

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs
post #28 of 65 Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Tango.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotec View Post
there is a wire coming from the a/c unit that tells the computer the a/c is turned on, then the computer tells the fan to turn on.

you can just cut this wire, and run the wire to a new solenoid that turns on the fan when the a/c is on.

if I remember right the fan just grounds to turn on.

Life is hard-John Wayne
post #29 of 65 Old 06-28-2018, 05:08 PM
Jambalam

2007 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Just to follow up... I checked my OBD2 scanner this afternoon, it read 94 PSI before firing up, 4200 PSI at idol and it hit as high as about 24,000 PSI under (brief) heavy acceleration.

Denver,CO
post #30 of 65 Old 06-28-2018, 07:53 PM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
Just to follow up... I checked my OBD2 scanner this afternoon, it read 94 PSI before firing up, 4200 PSI at idol and it hit as high as about 24,000 PSI under (brief) heavy acceleration.
Awesome. That's almost identical to what I got on my scanner. Nice to confirm numbers

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in