What would cause this at startup!? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 125 Old 03-16-2016, 05:49 AM
Bmoor2323

Just wanted to give everyone an update. Been a week now and still no problems ! Multiple times where it wouldn't start in the past it currently starts. Good luck to everyone. Probably one of the most annoying problems I've ever had with a truck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 Old 04-03-2016, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
yem514
2007 WK 

Hey guys !!!!!! Guess what??
I just replaced my fuel pump and drove about 150 km in the city for 2 days. Lots of stop and restarts.
I am happy to say that it seems to be fixed!!!!!!!!!! Not once did it hesitate.

I will give an update in 5 days I will then change the first post and title if possible!
Although everyone here said to replace the fuel pump I did not do so because 4-5 different mechanics ( 2 from independent, friend's,2 dealers) told me it's not the problem. After replacing so many parts and spending so much money on diagnostic there was nothing left to replace but the fuel pump!!! So I also did because 2 other guys here said it was successful!

I hope to give good news in 5 days!

BTW Mopar fuel pump from Rock auto 265$ CAD to my door. 1 1\2 hours for labor

Last edited by yem514; 04-03-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Add info
post #123 of 125 Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
yem514
2007 WK 

Case solved: FUEL PUMP !!!
I said that I would update in 5 days but i have put about 350km since the fix and not once did it hesitate. Starts real smooth. I did the memory reset thing (disconnecting battery)after the fuel pump replacement. Wooooooo, feels great

post #124 of 125 Old 04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Bmoor2323

Nice !! I probably put close to 1,000 miles on since and it's been perfect. It use to hesitate for a split second for the first week but now it's like I never had the problem. All good thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yem514 View Post
Hey guys !!!!!! Guess what??
I just replaced my fuel pump and drove about 150 km in the city for 2 days. Lots of stop and restarts.
I am happy to say that it seems to be fixed!!!!!!!!!! Not once did it hesitate.

I will give an update in 5 days I will then change the first post and title if possible!
Although everyone here said to replace the fuel pump I did not do so because 4-5 different mechanics ( 2 from independent, friend's,2 dealers) told me it's not the problem. After replacing so many parts and spending so much money on diagnostic there was nothing left to replace but the fuel pump!!! So I also did because 2 other guys here said it was successful!

I hope to give good news in 5 days!

BTW Mopar fuel pump from Rock auto 265$ CAD to my door. 1 1\2 hours for labor
post #125 of 125 Old 12-12-2019, 10:15 AM
slimnasty

Struggled with this issues for months. My Jeep ran great once running. Only issue ever was restarting after 15-30min soak. I was able to verify it is likely the fuel pump with a pressure tester in the rail. When the issue would occur the pressure would fluctuate around 40 psi and up to 50 and move all over. Then when it would manage to start the pressure would be at spec but wiggling 5psi or so.

It would start with starter fluid and would hold pressure after shutdown for 5min.

Pulled the trigger and replaced the fuel pump ($730). 3 hrs labor to r&r and clean fuel tank plus $300 for the pump (carter from NAPA).

No issues since. Hope this helps someone searching for answers.

Tags
fuel pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in