What suspension are you running with your RC 2" lift? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By jeeptorino68
  • 1 Post By Kolak

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-14-2020, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
rockawaywk
2006 WK 

What suspension are you running with your RC 2" lift?

I have the 2" RC lift and 265/70-17 on my WK. I can't stand the ride and I'm sure that I need some new struts and springs (mechanic confirmed it today). I currently have KYB GR2's and OEM springs with 171K on them. The ride is terrible anytime I'm on uneven road and will be buying some new suspension. I'm looking at Bilstein 4600s or the 5100s. What kind of springs give a somewhat comfortable but stiff ride?

What are you guys running and what is your ride like? I just recently installed the 2" lift and I'd rather not go with a completely different lift and don't want to do adjustable UCAs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-14-2020, 09:37 PM
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

The 5100s are great. Turned the ride in our 08 4.7 with 120k miles from mush to firm confident feel.
Svtnos likes this.

Kyle
92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

02 KJ Limited, 255 70 16s, front skid, LS/373 gears
post #3 of 11 Old 03-15-2020, 12:36 AM
Kolak
Vendor

You're also wanting to change springs? How many miles do you have on your Jeep? Do you feel like your stock springs have sagged?

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old 03-15-2020, 01:20 AM
votive

No lift here, but I've had the 5100's on for about 10k miles and they're great. Could feel the difference immediately, especially when towing.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-15-2020, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
rockawaywk
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
You're also wanting to change springs? How many miles do you have on your Jeep? Do you feel like your stock springs have sagged?
Wanting to change them and it feels like they've sagged. Mechanic drove it and looked at it yesterday and said they are shot. I have 171K on the Jeep and the springs. I hear you're the suspension guru here, I look forward to what input you have.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-15-2020, 02:43 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

Springs with 171k on them are going to be toast.

07 WK CRD//QDII//OME MD//MALONE 1.5//OMG WTF BBQ
post #7 of 11 Old 03-15-2020, 05:56 PM
Arneb04

2008 WK 

195k on my stock setup with the same lift. Starting to cause tire chop and I recently took it in due to some odd noises up front which were diagnosed to be due to the struts being shot as well. Question with the bilsteins since you can change height, is there a stock height setting so they work with the rc lift or do you pitch the rc lift and use the height setting?
post #8 of 11 Old 03-16-2020, 12:59 AM
Kolak
Vendor

OME springs, struts and shocks would be fantastic and give you the lift height you want. Would you be willing to sell your 2" RC lift and go that route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockawaywk View Post
Wanting to change them and it feels like they've sagged. Mechanic drove it and looked at it yesterday and said they are shot. I have 171K on the Jeep and the springs. I hear you're the suspension guru here, I look forward to what input you have.

or
post #9 of 11 Old 03-16-2020, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
rockawaywk
2006 WK 

Quote:
OME springs, struts and shocks would be fantastic and give you the lift height you want. Would you be willing to sell your 2" RC lift and go that route?
I had thought of that option and its on the list of considerations.
What do you think about the 5100s and OME springs? I'm hearing and reading nothing but good things about the Bilsteins. I remember reading somewhere that some guys were running the 5.7L springs that have a higher spring rate. Would that be an option as well?
post #10 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 03:47 AM
Kolak
Vendor

I wouldn't put the 5100 series struts together with the OME springs. That can result in geometry issues even at the mininum setting. If you want Bilsteins with OME springs, use the 4600 series non adjustable version up front. They are valved identically to the 5100 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockawaywk View Post
I had thought of that option and its on the list of considerations.
What do you think about the 5100s and OME springs? I'm hearing and reading nothing but good things about the Bilsteins. I remember reading somewhere that some guys were running the 5.7L springs that have a higher spring rate. Would that be an option as well?
underscore likes this.

or
post #11 of 11 Old 03-17-2020, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
rockawaywk
2006 WK 

Quote:
I wouldn't put the 5100 series struts together with the OME springs. That can result in geometry issues even at the mininum setting. If you want Bilsteins with OME springs, use the 4600 series non adjustable version up front. They are valved identically to the 5100 series.
Glad I asked. I'll PM you to continue this conversation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in