Water leak points with no sunroof? RH front floor is wet. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-05-2020, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
bener_m

Water leak points with no sunroof? RH front floor is wet.

Hi everyone,

I've got an '06 WH CRD right hand drive (export model in New Zealand). I have no sunroof and a wet driver's side floor after heavy rain (right hand side). I do have roof rack rails.

I've been digging around the internet and the only two suggestions I've found so far are windscreen, and some YouTube video where the guy finds a leak down the inside of the door - water going down the outside of the window, into the door, then escaping through into the footwell.

Some posts had issues with water dripping in from the front grab handle but mine is not wet up there.

Just hoping some of you have some suggestions, I need to wait for it to dry before testing it with the hose so I'd like to gather as many options as possible.

All the other footwells are dry. Any ideas will be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-05-2020, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
bener_m

I've actually found a good suggestion by Chirpz in one of the threads that there's sometime a poorly sealed seam near the top of the windscreen, so that's a good option to check.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-05-2020, 08:22 AM
wcjeep01

Previous truck I stripped the entire interior. Had the wife use a garden hose with no nozzle on the outside of the vehicle. Found two separate leaks. The garden hose should have no nozzle for low velocity to mimic rain.

You might find it with the interior. Could take a few extra minutes. I'd start with the windshield.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-05-2020, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
bener_m

Wow I hope I don't have to do that! Thanks for the reply, do you remember where your two leaks were?
post #5 of 9 Old 07-05-2020, 04:48 PM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bener_m View Post
Hi everyone,

I've got an '06 WH CRD right hand drive (export model in New Zealand). I have no sunroof and a wet driver's side floor after heavy rain (right hand side). I do have roof rack rails.

I've been digging around the internet and the only two suggestions I've found so far are windscreen, and some YouTube video where the guy finds a leak down the inside of the door - water going down the outside of the window, into the door, then escaping through into the footwell.

Some posts had issues with water dripping in from the front grab handle but mine is not wet up there.

Just hoping some of you have some suggestions, I need to wait for it to dry before testing it with the hose so I'd like to gather as many options as possible.

All the other footwells are dry. Any ideas will be much appreciated!

Here is the TSB regarding the wet d.s footwell area http://www.wkjeeps.com/TSB/tsb_wk_2300707.pdf

There are more to look at as well http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tsb.htm#BODY

Good luck

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot
post #6 of 9 Old 07-06-2020, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
bener_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
Here is the TSB regarding the wet d.s footwell area http://www.wkjeeps.com/TSB/tsb_wk_2300707.pdf

There are more to look at as well http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tsb.htm#BODY

Good luck
Wow, quality info, thanks!
post #7 of 9 Old 07-07-2020, 08:37 AM
wcjeep01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bener_m View Post
Wow I hope I don't have to do that! Thanks for the reply, do you remember where your two leaks were?
On the Dodge truck the two leaks were the driver side windshield and driver side rear window.

You might get lucky with positive air. Mount a fan in the opposite window. Seal the sides with plastic and blue painters tape. With fan set to high use a very light soap mixture on the windshield, doors and any body joints. Look for the bubbles. Not sure on the right mixture for soap. Maybe kids bubble solution from a Dollar Store?
post #8 of 9 Old 07-14-2020, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
bener_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcjeep01 View Post
On the Dodge truck the two leaks were the driver side windshield and driver side rear window.

You might get lucky with positive air. Mount a fan in the opposite window. Seal the sides with plastic and blue painters tape. With fan set to high use a very light soap mixture on the windshield, doors and any body joints. Look for the bubbles. Not sure on the right mixture for soap. Maybe kids bubble solution from a Dollar Store?
Thanks, that's a good option!
post #9 of 9 Old 07-14-2020, 07:11 PM
bumzo1

2005 WK 

Check the rubber grommet where the wiring harness for the door enters the body. On my '09 it had popped loose and I was getting water in the footwell during a heavy rain. It was a total pain to get it back in correctly but I haven't had that issue since.

'05 WK 3.7L QT1 OME MD lift
'09 WK 5.7L QDII Stock for Now
Khaki WK Club Member #1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in