Wanted to borrow/rent: Green Diesel WK Programmer - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Wanted to borrow/rent: Green Diesel WK Programmer

My 2nd WK went in the shop for what turned into an extended period of time, during which the intake pipe and turbo both were replaced (turns out the rebuilt turbo split ... nice work from the previous shop).

when it came out of the shop it appears to have forgotten the tune. it keeps throwing CELs for DPF and EGR (both of which were deleted/removed and tuned appropriately)

In the midst of house packing, MY programmer is missing. Anyone here have one I can borrow/rent for long enough to re-load my tune?

I'm in the Nashville area, but would pay shipping from/to wherever..

Thanks in advance.

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Wrangie

They were not VIN locked??
underscore likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 12:57 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

From my understanding the ECU only holds one file, if it lost that it would have nothing at all. For it to go back to a stock tune someone would have to flash it. How much do you trust the shop it was at?

07 WK CRD//QDII//OME MD//MALONE 1.5//OMG WTF BBQ

post #4 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Yes - while they're set to a tune, they are vin locked, I think.
I'm hoping someone has one laying around that isn't.

And no idea what they did - I was halfway across the country for months on a work assignment and my wife got stuck with the mess.. with all the turbo issues and other work, they may well have flashed it at some point trying to "solve" problems that didn't exist. And, of course, the manager who was there has since gone somewhere else and the guy in charge now has no idea what was/wasn't done ...

I'd just buy a new one if Green Diesel still sold them.. Buuuuut....

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Wrangie

You better start searching for it. Gde can't sale anything whitin US. You'll have to ask a fellow over the border to buy it for you or you can can buy one from the manufacturer - Alientech Italy, but not sure if it will work. You could drop them a line aboutpowergate 3 and find more. Hope you sort it out somehow
post #6 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangie View Post
You better start searching for it. Gde can't sale anything whitin US. You'll have to ask a fellow over the border to buy it for you or you can can buy one from the manufacturer - Alientech Italy, but not sure if it will work. You could drop them a line aboutpowergate 3 and find more. Hope you sort it out somehow
Thanks man.
I haven't found one on any searches, which.. yeah.. there weren't many here in the US to begin with.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote:
Quote:
post #7 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 06:46 PM
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

The tunes are VIN locked, but is the tuner as well? It's shipped empty, and you upload your tune to the tuner, then to the vehicle. I'd think that any GDE Tuner could be used, but I'm not sure if the tuner itself is VIN locked or not.

2007 CRD Limited w/QDII
GDE HOT Tune, Turbo Resonator Delete
2" RC lift
228,000+ miles!
post #8 of 16 Old 03-11-2020, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

I think that the tuner holds your Vin-locked tune in it, and you can't unload it unless you revert your vehicle to stock. so you can't use the tuner to load files to multiple vehicles..

I could be mistaken - it's not like I ever tried doing that, and haven't even used my tuner in 5 years.
badgerwithhands likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 16 Old 03-17-2020, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Okay, so no luck finding my, or another, GDE tuner.. Anyone have any brands or links for generic programmers that would take/load an existing file, just so I can be sure I have the proper tune loaded?? DM if you aren't comfortable posting.

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 16 Old 03-17-2020, 03:23 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

One thought, have you checked to make sure the shop didn't do anything to the DPF pressure sensor or the tubes?

post #11 of 16 Old 03-17-2020, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

No, I hadn't gone that route yet. with DPF delete in the tune, would any of that even register?
I guess I just need to take it back and have him go thru all the sensors, lines, etc, and see if he can find anything..
pressure leak, vacuum leak, whatever..

Quote:
Quote:
post #12 of 16 Old 03-17-2020, 10:20 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

From my understanding both sides of the sensor need to read the same pressure or it'll throw an error, even with the tune. Most people just loop the ends of the tubes with some hose I think.
badgerwithhands likes this.

post #13 of 16 Old 03-18-2020, 11:47 AM
viking427

Someone else's GDE programmer will have either Their vin locked GDE custom file loaded in it -or- their own factory oem file loaded in it. Rendering the programmer useless to you in either case. These programmers (file downloaders/uploaders) are 3rd party gadgets, so I suppose you could ask GDE which mfr they use while you're asking them to pretty please email you your replacement performance file again.

Michigan based GDE does still sell tunes for "non-USA" vehicles, but require a copy of the vehicle's registration for proof (CYA for them). If they cant/wont assist you in getting your performance tune back into your ECU, it may be time to look into Malone's stage 1.5 tune. Malone is Canadian based and thus outside jurisdiction of our EPA. There are actually several Canadian tuners that can/will build custom performance files for the US CRDs , but would need data logs from your vehicle first, unless they already have the baseline maps and parameters for the WK CRD (as GDE and Malone do).
post #14 of 16 Old 03-18-2020, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
JeepinShep

2007 WK 

Thanks; I will email GDE and ask.

I have both of the files - just can't find the darn box to load / verify what's going on.

Quote:
Quote:
post #15 of 16 Old 03-18-2020, 01:51 PM
Wrightster
2001 WJ 

I still have my GDE tuner, if you wanted to try it?

2007 CRD WK, Jba 4inch, 285/70/17 Pathfinders, 17inch Black Rhino wheels, GDE ECO tune.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in