Transmission Over Temp, already replaced a lot - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 06-02-2015, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
ztyson89
2006 WK 

We began tearing down the engine earlier this week and have managed to finally get the intake off. That was a bear all in itself. I ended up having to cut a roughly 6"x6" piece of the firewall insulation out right above the intake to get it off. It's raining every day this week and since the vehicle is sitting outside, progress will be slow for now. I'm going to try to upload some pictures so if they dot show up, I'm sorry and I will try another route. If any of tall have any input or advice, please feel free to share it. Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails
image_1433306017459.jpg   image_1433306046421.jpg   image_1433306068449.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
ztyson89
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighowl2000 View Post
3.7's are pretty tough...you might be lucky
I sure hope so. I'm not in a position to foot a machine shop bill right now. If I do end up having to get them machined, my buddy who is helping me said that he could get me his cost on having them done, but I'm still not liking that bill. Either way, once the heads do come off, they're going to get a good polish with an angle grinder and a scotchbrite pad at my buddy's shop.

Last edited by ztyson89; 06-03-2015 at 08:00 AM.
post #18 of 21 Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 AM
GregK340
2017 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztyson89 View Post
I sure hope so. I'm not in a position to foot a machine shop bill right now. If I do end up having to get them machined, my buddy who is helping me said that he could get me his cost on having them done, but I'm still not liking that bill. Either way, once the heads do come off, they're going to get a good polish with an angle grinder and a scotchbrite pad at my buddy's shop.
don't go cheap now An angle grinder and scotch brite, aren't the same as having them machined flat. Maybe you'll get lucky ( the newer gaskets are a little more forgiving when it comes to a head not being perfectly flat). What would really suck is having to do this all over again. and paying the machine shop then.

post #19 of 21 Old 06-03-2015, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
ztyson89
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK340 View Post
Quote:
don't go cheap now An angle grinder and scotch brite, aren't the same as having them machined flat. Maybe you'll get lucky ( the newer gaskets are a little more forgiving when it comes to a head not being perfectly flat). What would really suck is having to do this all over again. and paying the machine shop then.
What I was talking about with this is just to get the surface debris off, I'm definitely not talking about "machining" it this way. Oh no, not going cheap this route haha. If they need to be machined, then I am having somebody who knows what they're doing do it. All I was saying was to make them look pretty with the angle grinder. I'm sorry if that post confused yall.

Last edited by ztyson89; 06-03-2015 at 04:19 PM.
post #20 of 21 Old 06-04-2015, 10:53 AM
GregK340
2017 WK 

Quote:
What I was talking about with this is just to get the surface debris off, I'm definitely not talking about "machining" it this way. Oh no, not going cheap this route haha. If they need to be machined, then I am having somebody who knows what they're doing do it. All I was saying was to make them look pretty with the angle grinder. I'm sorry if that post confused yall.
I'm easily confused good luck with your project, let us know how it turns out.
post #21 of 21 Old 06-04-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
ztyson89
2006 WK 

Thanks, will do. Whenever the weather and work cooperate and give me time to work on it, I'll update that night with pictures. Hope yall can bare with me on that. I can tell yall this now, it's not going to be a 1-week project, this is probably going to be stretche spit over a few weeks if not a month or two just because of money and time. Just wanted to give yall a heads up now. And again, I know I thank yall a lot for any and all support and knowledge/tips, but thank you all!

Tags
pump , radiator , temp , transmission , water

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in