Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Thanks to All Moving to WK2

592 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SkyjacktZJ 
#1 ·
Well after some driver rearranged the front end of my 08 WK, by blowing through a 4 way stop at 30MPH, I decided to move up a couple of years and purchased a 2014 WK2 Limited. [WK totaled, you won't believe what air bags cost!!] Very impressed so far with the new vehicle. I did want to thank everyone on the Forum for all the great advice over the years. Saved me a lot of money, made me sound a little smarter when dealing with mechanics and enjoyed hearing from many very knowledgeable Jeep owners. Thanks again.

#3 ·
Don't tell the WK2 guys this but you guys with the older rigs and all the lifting and off-road knowledge really know your stuff. I think there are many more "mechanics" here probably due to the age of the vehicles. I wonder if WK 2's have the "yellow wire" or blend door issues? Oops, better be careful with blend doors. That seems to be a Jeep badge of honor no matter the year. :laugh2:

#5 ·
We own a '15 Altitude Edition and love it too. Much more refined than our '05.
I do not notice any differences or issues with our transmission. I have heard others (non-wk2 owners) saying that it shifts around all the time. I can say that we don't have any issues like that.

#7 ·
I do appreciate the heated seats & steering wheel in the winters out here. When it gets below 40, when using the remote starter, those turn on automatically. So nice when it's parked outside and it's cold as all-get-out.

The only maintenance-related things we've done are oil changes and the occasional computer re-flash when it is in. We bought ours new and made our last payment yesterday. Only have 34k miles on it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.