Stock HID Headlight leveling problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2018, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Pyro51585

Stock HID Headlight leveling problem

Hey all,

I just purchased an 09 WK with the stock HID headlights and I noticed that it has the dreaded lights pointing too low problem that a lot of people seem to have. From my reading it sounds like it can be one of three sensors, either one of the two sensors attached to the axle / suspension or the control unit that is mounted underneath the passenger headlight. Unfortunately there is no definitive way to know which of the three are faulty. I did read that someone said that the dealership is able to determine which of the three are causing the problem via their scan tool. Does anybody know if the BlueDriver scan tool can also do this so I don't have to go to the dealership?

Thanks for your time!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-25-2018, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Pyro51585

So I was able to hook up a BlueDriver scan tool. The only code was U0181 - Lost Communication with Headlamp Leveling Control Module 'A'. So I'm assuming that's the module under the passenger headlight and not the sensors, but I'll try to research it a bit more. Any insight is helpful.

Thanks,

Mike
post #3 of 4 Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Tango.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro51585 View Post
So I was able to hook up a BlueDriver scan tool. The only code was U0181 - Lost Communication with Headlamp Leveling Control Module 'A'. So I'm assuming that's the module under the passenger headlight and not the sensors, but I'll try to research it a bit more. Any insight is helpful.

Thanks,

Mike
There is a screw on the top of the lights.... It is a plastic Philips screw and you can just turn it to adjust the lights up or down.

I never heard of 3 sensors.. there is one on the passenger side front spring at the top on my 2008, which should be the same as yours.

That front spring adjuster may have popped loose or got too much dirt in the connection there.

On the front passenger sprint it has a little 3" or 4" arm and if that fell off then the lights will point down.

not sure it that helps you? but that is how mine work.

Life is hard-John Wayne

post #4 of 4 Old 10-02-2018, 04:23 PM
RIHEMIS

2009 WK 

I'm currently having the headlights wayyyy too high issue. I drove through some top of the wheel well deep water last week for a bit, now I'm searching for UFO's. No idea what to do...

Tags
hid , leveling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in