Sirius/XM keeps switching back to regular radio - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2020, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Johnr6874

2005 WK 

Sirius/XM keeps switching back to regular radio

I have a 2005 Gr Cherokee Limited with all factory radio and have a subscription to Sirius/XM. Has anyone had an issue with it switching back to the regular radio stations for no reason? It constantly comes up "Searching for Signal" or Signal Lost" all while still playing whatever channel I'm currently listening to. And then sometimes, more recent lately, it'll just switch to radio without any warning at all. Could a bad satellite antenna be the cause? Don't want to just start changing parts unnecessarily.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2020, 10:09 AM
zzigee1

I have 2005 GC, i get the same thing with updating channels sometimes a couple of time a day. I sometimes get no signal and get a refresh from sirius, with no fix. the person from sirius told me i have issues with the older system not being able to update and needed to go to dealer for new equipment as it would not receive the refresh. I downloaded the sirius dealer app from playstore. you will have to go to dealership, sit in lot, open app and key in radio ID. I have had to do this a couple of times but my radio will get the refresh this way. It still switches back to fm on its own sometimes when its updating channels, but once updated its fine for a month or two, then back to dealer parking lot. I tried this sitting in my driveway but the dealer update knew i was not at a sirius authorized dealership.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-08-2020, 04:54 PM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

I have 3 early Chrysler products, two with REC Nav radios and one without, and all have Sirius/XM. About the only time this happens to me is when it is updating channels. I've also noticed that my 05, which has the top plan and all of the channels, updates a lot more than the two 06's, which have plans with fewer channels. Also, if it makes a difference, the 05 has just the radio/CD/cassette player, while the two 06's have the REC Nav. radios. The noticeable changing channels also happens mostly with the 05. The 06's don't usually change channels when they're updating. With them, most of the time I don't even notice when it is happening unless I happen to look at the Nav. screen and see the message. With the 05, it does get annoying sometimes because it sometimes seems to take forever to update. Another thing that I think affects the update time is how long the vehicle has been sitting and not driven. The 05 is our "highway cruiser" and sits more than it's driven. Perhaps that's why it sometimes seems to take forever to update.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in