• 2 Post By Kolak
  • 1 Post By Moi-wk09

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-26-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
SC07
2008 WK 

Garage
Which shocks should I use??

Shocks are making a creaking noise when i hit speed bumps. Looking to replace soon, but also looking to install the RC leveling kit with it. Any suggestions on which shocks would pair nicely with the 2in kit? I am ultimately looking for a smooth ride with mild off-road performance. Was thinking about some Bilstein 5100s, but thinking the front adjustable strut willl make the front end to high if paired with a spacer. Yalls opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
-Limited 4.7L 2wd Rwd
-Approx: 145K miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-26-2019, 11:55 PM
Kolak
Vendor

Bilsteins would be an excellent choice for best handling, ride quality/control, fade resistance and responsiveness.

Is 2" about how much lift you want? Should be less expensive to get the 5100 series and set the fronts at the 2" setting. Then get the rear half of the RC kit to lift/level things.

Have you replaced your spring isolators? I'd recommend doing that given the number of miles on your Jeep. They get all cracked and distorted over time.

I'm a Bilstein dealer and have everything else you'll need for your lift. You can PM me here on the forum or email me at [email protected] and we'll chat.
Raffish and 2005JGC like this.

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-27-2019, 11:03 AM
SteveROntario

I did the 5100's with full front lift and rear spacers as described. I think it looks good and handles good, I would not pick another front strut setting.
This video has a bit of my driving down a rocky gravel road.

2013 Civic, 2009 Suzuki DRZ-400SM, 2008.5 Grand Cherokee CRD, 1991 Dodge B250, 1934 Hupmobile 417W

post #4 of 6 Old 12-28-2019, 06:15 AM
Arneb04

2008 WK 

“Creaking” noises can also very commonly be caused by dry/worn out ball joints. I would check those before replacing anything if not checked already.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-30-2019, 10:58 AM
LouC
2007 WK 

creaking noise can also be the sway bar mount bushings, I use a needle adapter to grease em every oil change.

2017 JK Unlimited Sport 6 spd
2007 WK Limited Hemi QDII
1998 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Selectrac
post #6 of 6 Old 12-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Moi-wk09

Hello i bought from kolak the bilstein 4600 front and rear 5100 with the H&R raise coil spring 2.2" front and 2" rear talk with Kolak what a great person.
Kolak likes this.

Tags
grand cherokee , shocks , suspension advice , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in