Possessed Headlight - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
cariboulou

Possessed Headlight

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2006. When I turn my lights on to second denton (normal headlight operation), about 10 minutes into driving the lights become possessed, flash on and off and they completely turn off. This only happens on the second setting. If I turn the lights onto the third denton (automatic headlight operation) the lights work fine, no flashing, no alien possessions. Has anyone else had this happen, if so, please advise. It's driving my husband and I crazy. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
menoche

2007 WK 

that sound to me like an electrical contact problem.

Do you have access to pressurized air? if so try airing the surrounding of the contact.

Another thing you can try in cleaning it by sending contact cleaner (make sure you have a rag to pick up the liquid then sned more air in there to dry it up.

Phil
post #3 of 4 Old 11-29-2007, 11:34 AM
pillzny

Not sure if you've figured this out but I have aftermarket headlights. About 6 months in, my headlights would shut off when I would click the knob to turn them on. I was on my daytime running lights until they stopped working all together this Thanksgiving weekend. Jeep just let me know today that the comp is sensitive and it makes the electrical system wacky. Not sure if this helps you any... considering you've changed your bulbs

post #4 of 4 Old 11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
merlinTec

Hi
I have one in the work shop now for the same fault technical have told me to replace the ignition switch as this is a known issue. However this has not fixed the fault on this on so will look some more tomorrow. Can you tell me does all the lights go out or is it just the head lights. My one is all the lights.
Regards,
Merlin

UK Chrysler Jeep Master Tec.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in