Pioneer Avic-D3 Install - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
wally_joyner

Just to follow up on the earlier question about where to install the Sirius, when I had my Z1 installed this weekend in my 2006 JGC, the installer put the Sirius, XM, Bluetooth and Ipod adaptors all behind the passenger side and front kick panels. It looked a little tight when everything was opened up, but he was able to get everything in there. Also, he installed the three antennas (for the navigation, Sirius and XM) on the very back of the roof (and then threaded the wires forward. For some reason he was having trouble getting them to all work/stick on the front windshield). For what it's worth, he said that he finds that one gets slightly better reception when the antennas are on the roof, but that it's not a big enough difference to matter much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 08-20-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
JohnnyBighead

hey thanks for the input! i never thought to put the adaptors in the kick panels but it makes sense. I will look into that. how did he feed the wires into the car from the outside?
post #18 of 19 Old 08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
wally_joyner

He ran the wires through an opening near the hinges on the top of the rear door. If I am able to take a picture that does the wiring job justice, I'll let you know.

post #19 of 19 Old 08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Commander06

MY D3 Install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in