PCM ground wire not connected - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2020, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
GregorEisenhorn

PCM ground wire not connected

Morning everyone, working on a PCM ground wire issue issue and am hoping someone can help. Basically, the groundís not connected and Iím not sure where it goes.

As backstory, my 2005 WK 5.7Lís (bought used, 162K miles) is not cranking over. Iíve changed the battery and am running through some of the checks from the Haynes manual and some online forums to troubleshoot on the way to the starter motor. Note: Iíve seen a lot of redís to tapping it w/a hammer...will do that too, just trying to be diligent on the other stuff.

A helpful video by EricTheCarGuy indicated I should chk the grounds as well. While doing so, I found the PCM ground wasnít connected; itís hooked to the box, but was hanging loose and not to wherever itís supposed to connect/ground. Iíve done a bunch of googling and canít find a clear answer on where to connect it; Iíve seen one reference to a post on the passenger side manifold (no idea where that is) and a separate obscure diagram that suggest it connects to the back of the engine somewhere. It was hanging near the ground strap for the instrument panel on the firewall...is that where I need to connect it? A pic on a separate thread had it disappearing behind the engine somewhere.

Iím not an engine guy at all; bought the Jeep partially to learn this stuff, relying a lot on the manual, YouTube, and this forum. So, if anyone can post a pic or provide some guidance on where to connect Iíd be most thankful.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8781.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2020, 12:00 PM
mb81
2006 WK 

Mine is attached to the back of the engine just below the intake manifold, close to center or just to the left side (the PCM side). I can snap a picture later, but you should be able to see or feel a bolt or bolt hole.

2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 HEMI
post #3 of 3 Old 05-15-2020, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
GregorEisenhorn

Thx, will give a look/feel.

Tags
ground , ground wire , pcm , starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in