LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 302 Old 07-03-2015, 09:59 PM
HEMI35
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavallinoRed View Post
Feds: Fiat Chrysler Misled Safety Regulators, Failed At Recalls

http://jalopnik.com/feds-fiat-chrysl...-at-1715442512

The Detroit News’ David Shepardson reports that NHTSA claims Fiat Chrysler has “sweeping problems” with recalls in just about every way: notifying owners, ensuring replacement parts are available, recalling vehicles in a timely fashion, and actually fixing the problems once the cars are recalled. Ouch.

More on this as we get it.

BURN!! lol but actually every single word is true. I don't care about punishment at this point, all I care is getting the parts and recalls actually working, now. Is it too much to ask to get what you paid for? because respect is what we're not getting. Is sad to see that the only way to get FCA doing their basic duties is through threats of lawsuits and fines.

HEMI35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 302 Old 07-04-2015, 05:44 PM
XKmania

Happy 4th of July!
Attached Images

post #78 of 302 Old 07-05-2015, 08:34 AM
oldjeepmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Oldjeepmike,

You may visit http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...nInputForm.jsp to submit a reimbursement request form. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,
I tried this but since I paid for the work after the recall was completed (which screwed up the car to begin with) I'm not eligible to be reimbursed the money I had to spend to fix the recall that screwed up a perfectly good vehicle.

How is this logical?

post #79 of 302 Old 07-05-2015, 09:01 AM
hdsport
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got my notice in the mail recently.
So.......I called the Customer Assistance Center yesterday and encouraged the representative to become familiar with the thousands of problems that occurred with the N23. and now the P73.

He said to call the NHTSA at 888-327-4236 and enter a complaint. (He seemed to know more about the problem than he was allowed to let on).

This will initiate an investigation into the "fix" and maybe get to the real source of the problem.

It's worth a try.

I was sure to emphasize two points:
1. I did want this problem fixed if it was such a safety problem,
and
2. I want it fixed only when the real problem is addressed by Chrysler to ensure a fully and continuous functioning vehicle when the job was 'done'.
I am not going to do anything at this time...I'll wait and see................

Enough said.

So, give this call a shot and maybe put a little more of a 'squeeze' on Chrysler. They DO know that they are neck deep in this 'fix'.

2001 Winnebago Adv 32v MH
2008 Jeep GC , 2005 Willys
US Army Vet, 8th Army,
In God We Trust
post #80 of 302 Old 07-06-2015, 08:44 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeepmike View Post
I tried this but since I paid for the work after the recall was completed (which screwed up the car to begin with) I'm not eligible to be reimbursed the money I had to spend to fix the recall that screwed up a perfectly good vehicle.

How is this logical?
Oldjeepmike,

Please private message me your VIN and preferred contact number. I would like to review your concerns and see if there is any assistance I can provide.

Thank you,
post #81 of 302 Old 07-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
Took my P73 notice to the local dealer. SM asked if I had N23 done and I said yes, it took three friggin' trips/flashes before it "took" and everything including low range was back to normal. He said throw the notice in the trash, there was no way they would do the P73 on my GC unless I insisted.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #82 of 302 Old 07-07-2015, 06:14 PM
1loco
2007 XK Commander 

My warning message came up a couple of weeks before I got the notice for the flash. I took it to the dealership in Tempe, AZ and they said that the transfer case needs rebuilt. I only have 79k miles in a truck that never been in low. I have two Nissan Xterras with double the mileage and no problems. I called a local shop that work on Jeeps and they refused to work on it. I got a feeling that this is going to cost me a lot of money. Is there a class action suit going yet?
post #83 of 302 Old 07-07-2015, 07:19 PM
CavallinoRed
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1loco View Post
My warning message came up a couple of weeks before I got the notice for the flash. I took it to the dealership in Tempe, AZ and they said that the transfer case needs rebuilt. I only have 79k miles in a truck that never been in low. I have two Nissan Xterras with double the mileage and no problems. I called a local shop that work on Jeeps and they refused to work on it. I got a feeling that this is going to cost me a lot of money. Is there a class action suit going yet?
That sucks. How do they know that the transfer case is shot? Just from error codes and not shifting into low or are there physical systems? If error codes...what were they?
post #84 of 302 Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 PM
HEMI35
2007 WK 

there may be a problem, when you take your jeep for an update and they say you need a new transfer case, new transmission, new engine, new seats, new windows, new airbags...
There is though a chance that FCA is actually trying to do something and failing miserably at the dealer stage. Control is failing there...

HEMI35
post #85 of 302 Old 07-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1loco View Post
If there is no other symptom of a problem, no noises from it, and it's had the fluid changed at least once in it's life, I'd say they are doing their best to bend you over. Run, don't walk to another dealer.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #86 of 302 Old 07-07-2015, 09:56 PM
1loco
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavallinoRed View Post
That sucks. How do they know that the transfer case is shot? Just from error codes and not shifting into low or are there physical systems? If error codes...what were they?
Yup just the error codes. They claimed the clutches are slipping. $2200 to rebuild it or $3100 to replace it. I have a code reader and get the codes, but I am thinking about replacing it. Unfortunately I have not been able to fine an after market unit that is better than the original.
post #87 of 302 Old 07-08-2015, 09:00 AM
LouC
2007 WK 

You can get these codes but they can be random error codes. I'd change the fluid first and take a good luck at the fluid; if it looks and smells burned they might be right but if not I'd push for the re flash and a new actuator.

2017 JK Unlimited Sport 6 spd
2007 WK Limited Hemi QDII
1998 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Selectrac
post #88 of 302 Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 AM
LouC
2007 WK 

Mine had this; and numerous other random codes and the transfer case was just fine.

2017 JK Unlimited Sport 6 spd
2007 WK Limited Hemi QDII
1998 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Selectrac
post #89 of 302 Old 07-08-2015, 05:03 PM
BlackDog21

I have N23 so I need this to work or a new actuator. Hopefully this works. I'm scheduled for a couple weeks out.

2005 WK 5.7, SuperLift 4", 4xGuard front/rear/side/bottom, AirRaid CAI, JBA UCA's
post #90 of 302 Old 07-08-2015, 10:26 PM
ibjoey

p73 best stay away far away

when to the dealer ship today for the p73 recall. everything was fine no lights, shifted fine. after the update service 4 wheel light was on and would not shift out of high. dealer said it must just be coincidence that all that happened . I say bull crap. they told me to schedule a appointment in a couple weeks and they would scan it for free to tell me what the problem is. best avoid Swope on e-town ky there complete morons.

Tags
recall , service 4wd system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in