10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 302 Old 02-02-2019, 01:40 PM
JeepBrian
2008 XK Commander 

Hi Jeff:
What fixed your problem?
As I see it:
The only input to the transfer case is the shift motor. The motor moves and can be locked. Its position controls shift position 4H, N, and 4L along with torque ratio between front and back drive shafts. Both axles have their torque ratio between left and right controlled by clutch application. The clutch application is controlled with a pulse with modulated voltage. With this system, torque can be applied in any ratio to all 4 wheels independently.
The only relevant intelligence the system receives is wheel and transmission output angular velocities.
Process this and produce torque to the most needed wheel.
The voltages that I supplied were actual ones read at the final drive controller during road testing. I used the 5 Volt common as zero reference.
I hope this all helps.
Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 302 Old 10-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Avs
2006 WK 

I picked up a 2006 wk 5.7l overland not too long ago with 136k miles. All of a sudden I get the “service 4wd system” on the dash while pulling out of my driveway. When I shifted from reverse to drive there’s a long clunking noise then the engine immediately shut off. I did the start and shut off a few times and the problem seem to went away. I also took it for a 30 min drive and the drive seems to drive fine and no clunking whatsoever when shifted from park, reverse, neutral, drive etc.
So I went on the fca recall website to check the vin and both the n23 and p73 recalls were completed. From what I understand, I should be only getting this error message when I want to activate the 4wd lo. Does this recall affect the overland model as well with the front electronic diff ever tho I didn’t activate the 4wd lo? From what I gather, some people are able fix this issue by going back to the pre-flashed fdcm and some need to replace the transfercase actuator. Sorry a n00b a bit late to this fiasco. TIA!

Tags
recall , service 4wd system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in