Opinions and/or experiences with Odyssey batteries? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaegermeiste
  • 1 Post By Vertisce21

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-31-2021, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Vertisce21

Opinions and/or experiences with Odyssey batteries?

I am looking at replacing my current, perfectly good battery in my WK with a better deep cycle AGM battery for the purpose of running more equipment in the future and less issues with the battery dying if I drain it. Keep the old one as a backup in my garage. While at my local AutoZone, I noticed that they have a brand called Odyssey but I don't know anything about them. I have used AutoZones Duralast line for a long time and while their name is purely ironic, their warranty is usually good enough to get me free replacements when they die.

Anyway, this is the battery I was looking at getting for my WK.

https://www.odysseybattery.com/produ...ttery-94r-850/

Does anybody have any experience with these or have any other recommendations within the same price range or lower?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-31-2021, 10:06 PM
Jaegermeiste
2005 WK 

No experience with that brand, but I've used a Bosch AGM for a while now that's survived a few totally dead situations (during COVID lockdown) after being revived with a Noco Genius, and I've had an Optima DH7 on order for a couple of months (gonna relegate the Bosch to second battery status).
badgerwithhands likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-01-2021, 10:03 AM
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Odyssey batteries are high quality, and made in the USA. Didn't know AZ started carrying them, that's good. After Sears stopped with the die hard platinum (made by Odyssey) they were hard to find locally

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Get out and explore.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-01-2021, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Vertisce21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_13 View Post
Odyssey batteries are high quality, and made in the USA. Didn't know AZ started carrying them, that's good. After Sears stopped with the die hard platinum (made by Odyssey) they were hard to find locally

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah. Big reason I am looking into them is because they are made in the USA. I was going to buy an Optima or two but recently found out that all of their manufacturing was moved to Mexico and now they are having quality issues.
Shark_13 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in