• 1 Post By Gray203m
  • 1 Post By rokrau

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-18-2020, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Brizzzle
2002 WJ 

Garage
O2 Sensors 3.0 diesel

I cant find solid information anywhere i know theres at least 1 o2 sensor i can see on top of the cat passenger side. I cannot find another one anywhere. I cannot see a downstream one or how the left and right ex manifolds meet together. I thought there would be 4 because its a v6 , i cant see where it could be, bank 2 that is. Maybe they conjoin and go through 1cat together, then wheres sensor 2? i cannot see it..i did a dpf delete it should be just upstream from that??

2002 Overland 4.7L H.O
Onyx Green Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-19-2020, 07:57 AM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzzle View Post
I cant find solid information anywhere i know theres at least 1 o2 sensor i can see on top of the cat passenger side. I cannot find another one anywhere. I cannot see a downstream one or how the left and right ex manifolds meet together. I thought there would be 4 because its a v6 , i cant see where it could be, bank 2 that is. Maybe they conjoin and go through 1cat together, then wheres sensor 2? i cannot see it..i did a dpf delete it should be just upstream from that??
Exhaust manifolds combine before the down pipe. As far as I've found there is only one o2 sensor. Are you getting some kind of code thrown?

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs
post #3 of 7 Old 03-19-2020, 08:55 AM
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

There is only 1 sensor. It's not as complex of a system as on a gas engine. It's really just for basic oxygen monitoring, it doesn't adjust the tuning like a gas engine would.

2007 CRD Limited w/QDII
GDE HOT Tune, Turbo Resonator Delete
2" RC lift
228,000+ miles!

post #4 of 7 Old 03-19-2020, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Brizzzle
2002 WJ 

Garage
Yeah i had stored codes all to do with o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 a while back i figured they were fixed or insignificant. I have been dealing with my e.t.c light coming on and off absolutely randomly sometimes not for months then recently it came on one morning then stayed on no matter what for a couple days, this was the first time i was able to take the jeep to get a scan from a dealer, while the e.t.c light was on. And this time the only difference was there was an active code for the o2 sensor circuit performance bank 1 sensor 1. Was visible. Ill atrach a pic of the scan for codes and you can see stored codes. All to do with the same sensor. I just changed that one but i bought 2 o2 sensors thinking there was another uostream one i didnt think there wouldnt wven be a downstream one aswell guess i get a refund on that. Im waiting for my code reader to come in today and i will delete the codes and see if my problems have gone away. All of this problems ive never had a actual check engine light on. No .M.I.L
Attached Thumbnails
20200307_101421_1584634748543.jpg  

2002 Overland 4.7L H.O
Onyx Green Pearl
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2020, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Brizzzle
2002 WJ 

Garage
E.t.c light is still on. Changed the one o2 sensor and im no longer getting that code. But the throttle light still is on and goes off occassionally and back on at other times. Im thinking throttle body needs replacing. But i just have no idea at the immediate moment now.

2002 Overland 4.7L H.O
Onyx Green Pearl
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzzle View Post
E.t.c light is still on. Changed the one o2 sensor and im no longer getting that code. But the throttle light still is on and goes off occassionally and back on at other times. Im thinking throttle body needs replacing. But i just have no idea at the immediate moment now.
Check battery cables and body grounds before throwing parts at it. These jeeps are very susceptible to voltage fluctuations and they can cause weird stuff
badgerwithhands likes this.

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs
post #7 of 7 Old 03-21-2020, 01:08 AM
rokrau
2008 WK 

And of course turbo actuator, swirl motor, intercooler plumbing and the rail pressure sensor. All of our favorite parts.
Good luck.
badgerwithhands likes this.

--Roland, 2008 Grand Cherokee Overland, 3.0 CRD, EHM and TRD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in