need some help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-28-2007, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

need some help

i have a 2005 ltd 5.7 w/ qd2 bought it feb 2006 new ive had this problem
since i had the jeep when it gets wet by rain or car wash or any kind of h2o i get a service 4wheel drive system and service elec brake system had in into 3 different dealers for a total of 20 times no one can fix it im getting very sick of this issue any one have any ideas on what it could be or what i can do

please help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Zlartibartfast

2007 WK 

did any of the dealers read your chassis codes?

I'm not an expert but I'm wondering if maybe some chassis sensor is shorting out.

It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens in a drier climate like Utah..
post #3 of 8 Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

no i dont think so but its fine in the summer till i wash her

post #4 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
FanofallDiesels

If this is something that happens everytime, then maybe you can try to isolate which part of the car getting wet causes the problem. I would probably start at the wheels and check for the error after each one gets wet. Then start moving your way up the front of the car to see if anything is getting wet in the engine compartment.

Also, I wonder if merlinTec might know which sensors would/could throw the errors which would cause the messages you report to show up.

Good Luck,

Jeff

2007 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0L
2001 VW Golf TDI
1996 John Deere 455
post #5 of 8 Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
merlinTec

Hi
There is a TSB for service 4WD http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_2101406a.pdf has this been done? There must be fault codes even if there are only stored. Do both faults come on at the same time? Are they defiantly connected? Is there anything added like new radio or tow hitch? Does everything else electrical work (like heated seats, all the lights and so on). I would get it wet then get the codes read again.
Regards,
Merlin

UK Chrysler Jeep Master Tec.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-30-2007, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Hi
There is a TSB for service 4WD http://www.wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_2101406a.pdf has this been done? There must be fault codes even if there are only stored. Do both faults come on at the same time? Are they defiantly connected? Is there anything added like new radio or tow hitch? Does (like heated seats, all the lights and so on). I would get it wet then get the codes read again.
Regards,
Merlin
tsb has been done,both codes come on at same time ,i had a radio short but the second radio fixed that codes have come on after new radio went in
everything else electrical works dealer says it does not save the codes ,i have not got it to the shop when codes where on. last stop at dealer the replaced the wheel senors not the fix
post #7 of 8 Old 11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
merlinTec

Hi
Interesting, is it not every time then? Can the dealer just not wash it to get the fault? If not how often does it do it? If it’s once a week you could ask the dealer if they have star mobile so you can then have that set up and you just press a button and it will record the what data the dealer has set it up to record so they can trace the fault.
Regards,
Merlin

UK Chrysler Jeep Master Tec.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

happens when i wash it but wont do it at the dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in