Need to change fan settings 2007 WK Hemi hydraulic fan - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 04-05-2020, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
azzkicker
2007 WK 

Need to change fan settings 2007 WK Hemi hydraulic fan

I've wanted this option for years, and I've looked on and off for it, but never had any luck. I should say I'd like to spend well under $1500, so whatever they use at the dealership is probably out of my range.

Most recently, mid 2019, I could only find one possible recommendation, appcar, but they didn't have that feature, according to them.

"the current version of the software does not allow it. To change cooling
fan work points or increase the engine power you need to write a
modified flash into PCM. Our software will not do it (yet).."Krzysztof Rokicki | Appcar Sp. z o.o. <[email protected]>

Thu, May 9, 2019, 2:41 PM

I haven't tried simply asking the dealer to change the set points for me. Does anybody think they would?

Last time I was playing in deep snow, with no radiator blockage other than my winch, I got hot enough to think about new heads. I seem to have gotten away with it, but I want that fan on sooner.

I have a good, clean radiator that's only got about 5,000 miles on it, and has always had the Jeep fluids. I believe these things just can't take a lot of full throttle high rpm work when you aren't moving fast.

Any ideas?

07 WK 5.7 QD2, 4" lift, 33X10" tires, two M8000s
ARB twin air,Dual AGM group 49, sliders and skids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-05-2020, 09:42 PM
caulk04
2008 WK 

HP tuners should be able to do it. Current cost is $400 for the MPVI2 and there two credits you'd need to tune your Jeep. I believe user @90grandoneer has it and should be able to advise.

Once the government starts handing out all this 'free' money, I think I'm going to redistribute $400 of it and get it for myself.
azzkicker likes this.

08 Limited Hemi - wheels, tires, springs...ya know, stuff
post #3 of 17 Old 04-06-2020, 12:32 PM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Rats, caulk04, I don't think I am going to get any of the "free money" only because we sold one of our rentals last year and I've already filed my taxes.This put us over the top for getting it. If they had used 2018 like they initially said, it would no problem. It would be a nice chunk of change though.

I have the "Pro" version of the HP Tuner and, I am pretty sure it'll let you change the cooling fan start temperatures. I've never tried it though since I did mine with a Superchips Tuner on the WK. Azzkicker, what temperature thermostat are you running? I start my fan coming on low at about 7* higher than the thermostat rating and then 5* more for medium and 5* more for high. FWIW, I'd recommend you go with a handheld tuner that has the capabilities you're interested in.

The HPT has a real steep learning curve (in a little over two years of random "tinkering" I've just barely scratched the surface) so, unless you have the time to play with it, it MAY not be worth it. One thing that might be worth it for you though is, because yours is an 2007, you'd be able to set the transmission up the way you want it. That is not covered on my 06, but they started covering it beginning with the 07's. Depends on what all you want to do.

The value of the HPT for me is the fact that I use it on all 3 of my vehicles and use it mostly for setting up the transmissions on my two LX's and minor engine tweaking. If it still interests you, you may want to jump on their forums and see more of the capabilities and the problems/questions some folks have encountered.
azzkicker likes this.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.

post #4 of 17 Old 04-06-2020, 07:29 PM
caulk04
2008 WK 

FWIW, super chips shows me the option to change my fan settings, but it does not affect anything. I've tried many times and have the high speed set somewhere around 205 maybe but the fan never comes on at those points.

post #5 of 17 Old 04-07-2020, 01:54 AM
Witblitz

Garage
I believe SKALA308 on this forum from Cape Town has a similar problem. One needs to set the required operating temperature on the 2007 which he set to 95C , think the standard is 103C. I am also trying to find out what software he used.
I have JSCAN however I cannot find the place where to set the engine temps. Any help would be most welcomed

Regards
MArk aka Witblitz
post #6 of 17 Old 04-07-2020, 11:24 AM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
FWIW, super chips shows me the option to change my fan settings, but it does not affect anything. I've tried many times and have the high speed set somewhere around 205 maybe but the fan never comes on at those points.
Really!! What year is your Superchips? The Diablosport and Superchips Tuners I have for the WK are 2009 versions and they will both do it.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.
post #7 of 17 Old 04-07-2020, 03:15 PM
alberto68888
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
Really!! What year is your Superchips? The Diablosport and Superchips Tuners I have for the WK are 2009 versions and they will both do it.
Which model of Superchips do you have? I bought a 3875 a few time ago but did not work on my 08 4.7 WK. When i tried to update through Spark App it says that this model no longer support my vehicle. It only read DTCs for me, does not even have the TPMS function active
post #8 of 17 Old 04-07-2020, 07:48 PM
caulk04
2008 WK 

Quote:
It's a 3875, mfr code 1169 if that means anything. I just tried updating it again, their Spark software says it'll find the device when I plug it in. Lies, haha. I fired an email off to them about it.

post #9 of 17 Old 04-10-2020, 01:38 PM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Mine is also a 3875 with a build date of Sep. 29, 2009. I don't see a mfr. code anywhere on mine. No mfr. code on the label on the box or in the user's manual either???

post #10 of 17 Old 04-10-2020, 04:42 PM
caulk04
2008 WK 

Hmm, I don't see anything about a build date. Just this mfg code and the bar code with 1543986 under it. I imagine that's a serial number.

No response from them yet, probably shut down.

I did buy it used. Probably in 2013 or 14. I bought the Jeep early 13.

post #11 of 17 Old 04-11-2020, 10:05 AM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Yes, that's probably the serial number. The serial number on mine is only four digits and the UPC is 8 9452000134 6, P/N 3875 Flashpaq. I bought mine new in October or November of 2009.....bought my WK in early October of the same year.

Do you have the Advanced Transmission Tuning Application on yours? I know they changed that over the years too. My guess is because some folks were screwing it up too bad. I talked to them once (many emails) and they had several different versions of it and finally ended up with a few "canned" versions of shift schedules and torque management settings. The reason I contacted them was because I had gone to make a slight adjustment and the system crashed. They emailed me at least 4 or 5 different ATT versions before they finally sent me the one that I had originally. It seemed that, as time went by, they kept taking more and more of the adjustment parameters away.

post #12 of 17 Old 04-11-2020, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
azzkicker
2007 WK 

Quote:
Azzkicker, what temperature thermostat are you running? I start my fan coming on low at about 7* higher than the thermostat rating and then 5* more for medium and 5* more for high. FWIW, I'd recommend you go with a handheld tuner that has the capabilities you're interested in.

The HPT has a real steep learning curve (in a little over two years of random "tinkering" I've just barely scratched the surface) so, unless you have the time to play with it, it MAY not be worth it. One thing that might be worth it for you though is, because yours is an 2007, you'd be able to set the transmission up the way you want it. That is not covered on my 06, but they started covering it beginning with the 07's. Depends on what all you want to do.

The value of the HPT for me is the fact that I use it on all 3 of my vehicles and use it mostly for setting up the transmissions on my two LX's and minor engine tweaking. If it still interests you, you may want to jump on their forums and see more of the capabilities and the problems/questions some folks have encountered.

Thanks for the reply and sage advice, as usual. I assume I have a stock thermostat. I was thinking I read advice to get a lower thermostat and change these fan settings.

I'll look into the items mentioned in the thread above. I just got back on line to read this. I have lots of ideas for things I want to do, but when I can get my body moving these days, the necessities are taking up all my energy. I got out to check on my vehicles, and somebody siphoned about 70 gallons of gas from the Jeep and RV. Now I've got to take them to the gas station before I can run the engines. The generator is the most picky about that.

At least I don't have that nasty virus. I'm completely isolated. My girlfriend even wipes down mail and groceries before they come through the front door. I hope everybody is staying as safe as they can. It was a small adjustment for me, but I know some people just can't isolate.

post #13 of 17 Old 04-11-2020, 11:36 AM
caulk04
2008 WK 

I have the ATT app and it's rather extensive I think. Torque management for all the gears and full control of each shift point.
azzkicker likes this.

post #14 of 17 Old 04-12-2020, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
azzkicker
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
I have the ATT app and it's rather extensive I think. Torque management for all the gears and full control of each shift point.

I take you're talking about buying the HP tuner and the ATT app is something additional you buy for it? I tried searching, but anything with AT&T in the name kind of floods the results, lol.

post #15 of 17 Old 04-12-2020, 09:45 AM
caulk04
2008 WK 

Sorry, I meant to quote 90grand again. I'm referring to the ATT app that superchips offers with their tuner.
azzkicker likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in