Multiple wk issues help! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2020, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Dakb
2008 WK 

Multiple wk issues help!

Hi all, new to the forum, looking to get some help on my 3.7 wk 4x4.

The first problem is my tpms light came on, and it flashes before staying solid indicating a service tpms message.
So is there any way to identify which sensor is bad, or am I just stuck guessing or having to take the car to the dealer to get it diagnosed. Also if I just replaced the sensors will the sync automatically or do they have to be linked to the car by the dealer.
And finally on the subject of tpms, will newer generation sensors work on these model cars? I have a set off a 2018 Rubicon that come with my new wheels and I replaced these with the sensors that were in my original wheels. If I took all the 2008 sensors out and switched with the newer generation ones would they work set to the right pressure (also would they link automaticall)

The next problem I'm having is noises coming from the front end of the car, it's like a clinking noise. Is this most likey axel bushing, that is what I have heard before, but a second opinion helps.

The last problem I'm having is there is a vibration, metallic grinding noise, and a clicking comming from somewhere under the car. Is this most likey only the front driveshaft CV Making noise or are there other things I should check too? I have a rebuild kit for the transfer case side of the cv currently, will this most likely take care of my problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-21-2020, 09:05 PM
schobbs
2009 WK 

If you have a discount tire near you they will check your TPMS sensors out for free and tell you which one is bad or what's going on with it. I assume most other shops will as well but I know for a fast Discount Tire will. I'm not really much help on your other questions.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-23-2020, 08:31 AM
Mainsail
2005 WK 

When you mention clicking the first thing that pops into my head is a CV joint.

Is the clicking worse during a left or right turn?

Poor grammar is something up with which I shall not put.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-23-2020, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Dakb
2008 WK 

No it stays the same, it only seems to happen when you first start driving though, or after a speed bump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in