lower control arm - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By acabtp

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-02-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Mbison564

lower control arm

Okay I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee V8 4.7 the entire suspension is just rust I mean both so sees that they're just ripping apart so I have the lower control arm bolt head snap on the right side is it Anyway still to get this bolt that without cutting it I mean the lower control arms going in the garbage anyway but the nut is still there on top the impact gun snap the head

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-05-2019, 06:58 AM
spiydr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbison564 View Post
Okay I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee V8 4.7 the entire suspension is just rust I mean both so sees that they're just ripping apart so I have the lower control arm bolt head snap on the right side is it Anyway still to get this bolt that without cutting it I mean the lower control arms going in the garbage anyway but the nut is still there on top the impact gun snap the head
I'm not sure I understand the question. Where is the nut stuck?
post #3 of 9 Old 11-06-2019, 06:01 AM
acabtp
2005 WK 

Garage
. , ! ?
Attached Images

underscore and Raffish like this.

'05 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi

post #4 of 9 Old 11-06-2019, 06:06 AM
Dacaur

2006 WK 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/K-Tool-Inte...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

06 WK Limited, 4.7, 2"lift 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
Past jeeps: 03WJ, 99WJ, 99XJ, 92YJ, 92XJ, 85XJ.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-09-2019, 03:10 AM
browningv308

I got lucky and mine was very rust free underneath and practically fell out, but I see what your talking about you still have to get the bolt out without breaking it with the impact. They do sell new bolts, nuts too. That's a long bolt to be inching it out a little at a time I'd cut it with a sawzal because chances are if everything is very rusted down there than the bolt is going to just as bad.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-09-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Mbison564

Quote:
Originally Posted by browningv308 View Post
I got lucky and mine was very rust free underneath and practically fell out, but I see what your talking about you still have to get the bolt out without breaking it with the impact. They do sell new bolts, nuts too. That's a long bolt to be inching it out a little at a time I'd cut it with a sawzal because chances are if everything is very rusted down there than the bolt is going to just as bad.
this project was a lot I had to cut that bolt with a with a grinder and then when I got once I got the fork out IUI I hit it with a hammer inside the holes and knock it out and then my impact gun all of a sudden worked on the head and took the head out how to replace the lower control arm the upper control arm the shock but today is the day I'm putting everything back together and hope driving her but I'm not doing the passenger side if it's not making a noise I'm not doing it for a while did I got a funny feeling the same the same things going to happen on the other side because this Jeep has been sitting for at least eight years in Rust I didn't know what I was doing when I bought the car originally but now I'm more smart about cars I got screwed on this car but I'll get it back to life years go on but thank you for answering there's so much work out of be done to this truck to get it up and running beautiful again but I do love Jeep
post #7 of 9 Old 11-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Arneb04

2008 WK 

post #8 of 9 Old 11-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Raffish
2005 WK 

My head hurts after trying to read this thread..

Should prob be deleted but it did make me laugh.

05 WK Limited 5.7, QDII, OME HD, 265/70/17 1.25" Spydertrax, CC, MBRP SS, 250xxxkms
post #9 of 9 Old 11-15-2019, 03:50 PM
browningv308

It's country talk- I get it When I read what he typed I see all the errors but I still understand what he's trying to say.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in