LED Stop/Turn/Tail issue - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-23-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
charlietango440

LED Stop/Turn/Tail issue

Hello,

I recently installed LEDs in my 08 Grand Cherokee and have had some issues. I put resistors in to correct the hyper flash but they did not, they only blew the fuse. Fuse was replaced with the “spare” fuse, which is not a spare but a fuse for the airbags, replaced that fuse and put a new fuse in for the parking lamps. Now only the hazard lights work normally, the brake lights come on when pedal is pushed, turn signals flash stupid fast and the tail lights won’t come on however, the LEDs stay lit (very dim) as soon as you plug them in with the switch in the off position.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Ahaze
2008 WK 

I had issues when trying to convert my 08 to LEDs as well. The only bulbs that worked without modifications were the fogs. I think I can make the LED low beams work with a somewhat complicated combination of relays and capacitors but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I never did come up with a solution for the signal/park/brake lights.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-24-2019, 05:37 AM
ggrassmid
2008 WK 

I spent the money and got the VLED taillight kit in red. Works, no issues, but costs $150. Did you size the resistor correctly? If you blew a fuse right away, I would say that something is wired incorrectly. Check out www.wkjeeps.com for fuses and relay info. The lights and dash lights fuses are tied together oddly, so you may actually have several blown fuses.

Also, FWIW, I had to get the 3157CK adapter from VLED to work correctly in my 08, as the standard 3157 did not work correctly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-24-2019, 07:42 AM
caulk04
2008 WK 

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/leds-canbus-1569497/

08 Limited Hemi - wheels, tires, springs...ya know, stuff
post #5 of 5 Old 05-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietango440 View Post
Hello,

I recently installed LEDs in my 08 Grand Cherokee and have had some issues. I put resistors in to correct the hyper flash but they did not, they only blew the fuse. Fuse was replaced with the “spare” fuse, which is not a spare but a fuse for the airbags, replaced that fuse and put a new fuse in for the parking lamps. Now only the hazard lights work normally, the brake lights come on when pedal is pushed, turn signals flash stupid fast and the tail lights won’t come on however, the LEDs stay lit (very dim) as soon as you plug them in with the switch in the off position.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Which bulbs did you replace? All of them? Can you post a picture of the resistors and how you installed them?

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in