Knuckle/spring seat contact. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-20-2018, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Th0r
2009 WK 

Knuckle/spring seat contact.

I finally got a proper alignment (camber was off) and now that my front wheels aren't angled inward, my knuckle and strut are making contact going over speed bumps if I don't take it slow. I'm just running a RC lift in the front with a set of monroe quick struts. Hub to fender is under 23 but seems to be above 22.5...hard to measure with my wheels/tires....so I'll say 22.75. Should I be making contact? Will the RR or JBA UCA's fix the issue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-20-2018, 04:21 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

This seems to be a common problem with those quick struts and a spacer lift, I'm not sure if anyone has sorted out what the actual cause is though. Is your lower camber adjustment already maxed out?

07 WK CRD//QDII//OME MD//MALONE 1.5//OMG WTF BBQ
post #3 of 6 Old 04-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Commander2007AB
2007 XK Commander 

Knuckle/spring seat contact.

What is your lift hight?

The RRO UCA‘s Will Not help you. I bought them and figured out that they doesn’t fir for lifts >2”. The are too short. If needed, buy the UCA’s from JBA. They are long enough and quite strong.

Get a complete alignment done and you shouldn’t have any issues with the knuckle.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-21-2018, 02:42 PM
consumedbywater

Garage
You'll probably make contact with JBAs as well. If you're running a 22.75 hub to fender, you're near the maximum height the stock suspension angles can take anyway, and well above what an RC lift should provide. Unfortunately, the only real way to fix the problem is to get a different spindle, like the one Superlift provides.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-21-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Th0r
2009 WK 

It's the rough country lift. No mods aside from F150 load levelers in the back. I do have a complete alignment done and everything was in the green. It may go down a bit after the dprings settle but I already have 500 miles on it. I had the same lift on factory components and didn't have this issue. It's only after I did the Monroe quick struts and brand new Moog upper and lower control arms. I didn't spring for the jba uca's because seeing as I only go on mud trails and no crawling I didn't think I'd have an issue.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Commander2007AB
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th0r View Post
It's the rough country lift. No mods aside from F150 load levelers in the back. I do have a complete alignment done and everything was in the green. It may go down a bit after the dprings settle but I already have 500 miles on it. I had the same lift on factory components and didn't have this issue. It's only after I did the Monroe quick struts and brand new Moog upper and lower control arms. I didn't spring for the jba uca's because seeing as I only go on mud trails and no crawling I didn't think I'd have an issue.

You’re sure the Moog UCA’s have the same length as the original UCA’s from Mopar? Seems that they are shorter. Same for the LCA’s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in