Horn BLAST - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-17-2015, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
OhFiveHemi

2005 WK 

Horn BLAST

Well its been a long time since I've been on JF... long enough that my membership expired. anyway, i have an odd problem thats driving me insane. my WK has some issues, but were going to put that to the side for the time being.

My wifes XK... the horn just blasts. short term fix was to pull the fuse. since i did that my battery won't stay charged overnight. stuffed the fuse back in, horn blasts, so i pulled the relay instead. battery dies overnight.

Somehow the horn (or maybe alarm) is drawing from the battery to the point id have to jump it every morning. we have 3 vehicles so it never got to that point. i have a guy who will fix it for peanuts but,

LONG STORY SHORT, i cannot, for the life of me, find the wiring schematics for my 2007 XK

all help is greatly appreciated.

Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Garage
Interesting.... do you mean that the horn blasts all the time so that you cannot drive the car? Or does it just blast for a while when you open the door and stops when you crank it? Or do you mean it randomly blasts at unexpected times when you are driving it? Could you be more specific on this?

Chirpz
2007 WK CRD, Quadradrive II, OEM Tow Hitch, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete, 4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly Guards, Side Rails & Full Matrix, OEM Skids, EHM, Dash Duck.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-21-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
OhFiveHemi

2005 WK 

Yes it blasts at all times. No worries, I traded it in (at a slight loss unfortunately) but it was worth it because it seemed to have more electrical problems than I wanted to deal with.

Thanks

post #4 of 6 Old 07-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhFiveHemi View Post
Yes it blasts at all times. No worries, I traded it in (at a slight loss unfortunately) but it was worth it because it seemed to have more electrical problems than I wanted to deal with.

Thanks
That's one way to fix it!!

Chirpz
2007 WK CRD, Quadradrive II, OEM Tow Hitch, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete, 4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly Guards, Side Rails & Full Matrix, OEM Skids, EHM, Dash Duck.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-21-2015, 10:15 PM
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Garage
I was interested because I had a blasting problem of my own... ended up being a dumb move on my part.

Midnight in a quite but packed solid forest campground, I discovered I had left my necessary meds in the Jeep. I knew that if I pressed the FOB to unlock the door, the lights would flash and glare into the open windows of the tent across the way from us. So I quietly sneaked out of my RV and tippy toed up to the Jeep and opened the door using the KEY. Wrong move. The car alarm started to sound, BLAST BLAST BLAST and the lights started flashing over and over as I stood there panicked in my jammies.

Next I did the obvious thing and pressed the Panic button to shut the &(*& thing off.... Wrong again.... this produced a double time tempo to the flashing and blasting. Pressing again slowed the tempo back to the original. Heads were popping up all over the camp ground and flashlights were clicking on...grrrr.

So I hopped in the Jeep and desperately cranked the engine..... ahh..sweet relief!! Of course the lights came on automatic. Next day I had to slink quietly around camp with my head lowered to avoid the stares and finger points.

Chirpz
post #6 of 6 Old 07-22-2015, 07:00 AM
LouC
2007 WK 

My ZJ did this when it was new, it was a defective horn pad...

2017 JK Unlimited Sport 6 spd
2007 WK Limited Hemi QDII
1998 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Selectrac

Tags
commander , horn , wiring diagram , xk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in