Front end protection for an 07 wk - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
browningv308

Front end protection for an 07 wk

Bought myself an 07 CRD last week and was under the front end removing the lower air dam, there is a lot of stuff in the front of that flimsy plastic bumper. Was looking online at some push bars and found this
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...9aACCEY&adurl=

Is this something worth while or should I look at other options?

Also noticed some oil on a cooler line under the radiator - black rubber line with some aluminium fittings Is it time to freak out yet? I cleaned it off so I can see how fast it comes back

Last edited by browningv308; 06-24-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-24-2019, 05:57 PM
BadExample

2006 WK 

I had the same concerns after my WJ got totaled out in a pretty low speed impact. And it's front cross member was probably about twice as thick as the WK has. Might as well be peanut butter. I went with a full bumper. They cost a lot more but offer side impact protection as well. The mounts go into the frame rails 20" and it's very well braced inside. You can get these with pre-runner type hoops. I went without because I want to roll my own.
Attached Thumbnails
C827D4BE-4638-4377-95FC-69273AD596CE_1557143687509.jpg  

CJ5 we don't talk about, 58 Willys CJ-3B gone
79 J-10 gone, 99 GC WJ murdered and gone
2006 GC WK
post #3 of 8 Old 06-24-2019, 08:49 PM
nvrdone1
2007 WK 

check out mainsail's postings. he's got a cool bumper guard. I think its from just for jeeps.
also, the seepage that you may be seeing is power steering fluid. the cooling fan is driven by the p/s pump and every wk ive seen has some seepage. I got mine with 88k, it now has 184k 3 years later and its seeped from the day I got it. just keep an eye on the p/s fluid and you should be good. DO NOT use any of the auto parts store "sealer"

post #4 of 8 Old 06-25-2019, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
browningv308

Never thought about it being ps fluid and have yet to check the reservoir thanks
post #5 of 8 Old 06-25-2019, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
browningv308

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadExample View Post
I had the same concerns after my WJ got totaled out in a pretty low speed impact. And it's front cross member was probably about twice as thick as the WK has. Might as well be peanut butter. I went with a full bumper. They cost a lot more but offer side impact protection as well. The mounts go into the frame rails 20" and it's very well braced inside. You can get these with pre-runner type hoops. I went without because I want to roll my own.
Who makes your bumper, and how heavy is it?
post #6 of 8 Old 06-25-2019, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
browningv308

Is 4xguard or matrix even in business anymore? Seems like everything is out of stock on their site
post #7 of 8 Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 AM
BadExample

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by browningv308 View Post
Who makes your bumper, and how heavy is it?

Logan Metal. Shipping weight was 150#. I got unpainted and ordered on e-bay. It's a brute with internal bracing all across the front between the fram rails. They go on sale for around $700.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-...0AAOSwQgpXAnJw

Wam has a similar bumper with a lot of options (that add up quickly. Logan's options are square eye fog lamp holes (free), a receiver hitch ($50), powder coat (about $200?) and pre-runner bars. I went unpainted because powder coat always seems to rust from the inside out here in the salt belt and I like the looks of truck bed coating better plus I can touch up scratches. IDK if the Wam is internally braced, but both are 3/16" steele. Logan bumper came with not a spec of rust in a light coat of oil and wrapped in plastic. Very nice workmanship and only needs a soapy water bath before painting. I'm glad I got it instead of the Wam for the internal bracing, large vent slots and very clever mounting arms that go deep into the frame and use existing holes.

All the others I've seen for under $1000 have something in the design I don't care for. Stuff like the winch fairlead mounts above the frame rails, no bracing, etc. I really like the Logan, but Wam is probably pretty good, especially if you want more options or live nearby and can pick it up.

CJ5 we don't talk about, 58 Willys CJ-3B gone
79 J-10 gone, 99 GC WJ murdered and gone
2006 GC WK
post #8 of 8 Old 06-27-2019, 11:13 PM
JeepN_A_CJ7

1980 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by browningv308 View Post
Is 4xguard or matrix even in business anymore? Seems like everything is out of stock on their site
4xguard told me they were having some issues with their steel provider the last I talked to them.

Always Jeepin!

*2007 WK QDII HEMI
*1980 CJ7 4.2L w/FAST FI

Silver WK Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in