1Likes
  • 1 Post By yzjwk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Kevin616
2005 WK 

Driveshaft Dilemma

Hey gang,
I have an 05 WK Limited with the 4.7. There's an awful sounding, slow speed, rotational clicking and it was suggested by a friend that it was my driveshaft.

I was looking online and it seems that there are a lot to choose from of different lengths that vary from $200 to $1000. I don't understand why they're all not same for a specific model, year and drive train. Id have thought it would be simple to find, but it doesnt seem to be this way.

I took a pic of the part number on my existing shaft to try and cross ref it, but even that doesnt seem to match up to any of the sites I've visited...

The number I found was P52105728AD. Where can I get this?

05 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
RIP - 97 ZJ Ltd, 5.2L V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-20-2019, 08:58 PM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin616 View Post
Hey gang,
I have an 05 WK Limited with the 4.7. There's an awful sounding, slow speed, rotational clicking and it was suggested by a friend that it was my driveshaft.

I was looking online and it seems that there are a lot to choose from of different lengths that vary from $200 to $1000. I don't understand why they're all not same for a specific model, year and drive train. Id have thought it would be simple to find, but it doesnt seem to be this way.

I took a pic of the part number on my existing shaft to try and cross ref it, but even that doesnt seem to match up to any of the sites I've visited...

The number I found was P52105728AD. Where can I get this?
If you remove the P in the number you found and google it, you will have your answer.

BUT... driveshafts dont normally fail that way in my experience. Low speed rotational clicking is usually one of the CV axles especially if its more pronounced while turning. Driveshafts usually make a grinding noice and produce a high speed vibration from about 50mph on. I would investigate a little further before throwing driveshaft money at it.
2005JGC likes this.

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot
post #3 of 6 Old 11-20-2019, 09:10 PM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
If you remove the P in the number you found and google it, you will have your answer.

BUT... driveshafts dont normally fail that way in my experience. Low speed rotational clicking is usually one of the CV axles especially if its more pronounced while turning. Driveshafts usually make a grinding noice and produce a high speed vibration from about 50mph on. I would investigate a little further before throwing driveshaft money at it.
100% correct on all of the above. For sure you'll know if the driveshaft needs some attention.....you'll normally get plenty of warning signs. I am just now starting to get a very slight vibration in my 300C SRT8 from about 60 mph on up. By 80-90 mph is going pretty good. No noise yet, but it's real close to fix it time with 170K on it. I'll try to put it off until spring though.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-21-2019, 10:44 AM
RIHEMIS
2009 WK 

I'm getting the high speed vibration that rattles the change in my cupholder and a real geary sounding howl-quiets down a little in turns. Is this the driveshaft?
post #5 of 6 Old 11-21-2019, 12:58 PM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIHEMIS View Post
I'm getting the high speed vibration that rattles the change in my cupholder and a real geary sounding howl-quiets down a little in turns. Is this the driveshaft?
It could very well be.. you will usually feel movement in one of the joints where there should be none .. But if the noise or vibration changes when turning , I would check your hub assemblies for play also.

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot
post #6 of 6 Old 11-26-2019, 03:42 PM
gargoyle91

Mine was doing that turned out it was hitting a bolt from the skid plate .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in