Dripping water from headliner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 11:39 AM
acabtp
2005 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jLiberty20 View Post
Just bought a used 2011 Jeep Liberty and there is water damage to the inside from the windshield to about 6 or 7 inches in. I took it to a windshield place and they say it isn't coming from the windshield. Could the leak be coming from the roof somewhere? Also, I had the alternator checked and nothing is wrong with it, but my dash lights and radio lights dim and brighten on their own and they get bright when I use my right turn signal and dim when the turn signal goes off.
this is the WK grand cherokee/XK commander forum, for better results try over in the KK liberty forum https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/

'05 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 10:27 PM
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveROntario View Post
Has anybody got a picture of how to access the rear drains where they exit the vehicle?

The first photo in this link shows that the rear drain tubes go into the columns with the rear seat belts.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/...l#post40340027
You have to pull out the headliner to get to the drain tubes.

I was able to blow out my front drains with compressed air. You can pull the A-pillar trim and drop the front of the headliner and get your hand in there and reconnect the drain lines if you use too much compressed air and blow the lines off- ask me how I know...

The back was impossible to reach so it's still clogged. I park it facing downhill when it rains. Someday I'll pull the headliner all the way out and fix it proper.

Poor grammar is something up with which I shall not put.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in