Dealer damaged my Grand Cherokee and are now ignoring me - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 Old 08-26-2010, 05:53 PM
07WKLtd
2007 WK 

I think someone has already mentioned it, but have you called your insurance company? They'll probably be able to get to the bottom of things pretty quickly, although I'm pretty surprised that Customer Care didn't do anything. In my experiences, they've been really good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 PM
mdsbigpapa
2005 WK 

If they cannot "find" your paperwork then, it leads me to believe you never signed anything when you took your car back so, the notion that you took back ownership "as is" is mute.

Tell them the paint on your bumper can be spectrally analyzed with that in the shop and can be matched to within 99.9999% accuracy to prove where the damage occurred. Do NOT buff out the damage.

Mark, a.k.a. MDSBigPaPa - 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7L Hemi, AMSoil (0W30 SSO, transmission, transfer case, front & rear diffs, coolant, power steering), NGK 2313 plugs, Taylor Shorties, Jet 180 thermostat, Superchips 3875 w/ Advanced Trans Option. Future mods: CAI and CAT-back exhaust. Hemi Club Member #46A and 46B
post #33 of 47 Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Sportskid1
2007 WK 

I am trying to avoid my insurance company for now as I really don't want an accident on my record as someone just hit me July 4th and I just got the car back from the body shop. I know it is not my fault but I have heard you get dinged even if you have a few accidents on record that aren't your fault. I filed a complaint Customer Care but they just told me that all the dealers are privatly owned and there was nothing they could do.

post #34 of 47 Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
jm020
2014 WK 

Get ahold of the OWNER! I work at a motorcycle dealership, and nothing solves problems faster than bringing them to the owner's attention.

On the same note, it always helps if you have been going to that dealership for awhile, repeat customer, or have all of your visits/communication documented.

06 WK 5.7 HEMI. 3" Magnaflow exhaust, K&N CAI, Superchips flashpaq, 20% tint
post #35 of 47 Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Kabong30
2006 XK Commander 

As long as it's not your fault it shouldn't be an issue, right? If nothing else your insurance company can advise you on how best to approach the dealership.
post #36 of 47 Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 PM
DREWSCRD
2007 WK 

i had an issue with a dealer in green bay after they told me my jeep was ok to drive until the got the replacement parts and it ended up causing another $500 in damaged parts. I called 1 800 992 1997. if i remember correctly, it is the corporate complaint department. i told them what the dealer had done and expressed my disgust with chrysler. even though the dealers are privately owned, they still display chryslers name and something like this also reflects badly on them.
chrysler contacted the dealer and after that, the dealer was much more willing to resolve things
post #37 of 47 Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 PM
lagonwagon

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbigpapa View Post
If they cannot "find" your paperwork then, it leads me to believe you never signed anything when you took your car back so, the notion that you took back ownership "as is" is mute.

Tell them the paint on your bumper can be spectrally analyzed with that in the shop and can be matched to within 99.9999% accuracy to prove where the damage occurred. Do NOT buff out the damage.
I agree, they have no proof that you took ownership as is. If they want to pretend to loose the paperwork, you can pretend that you pointed out the damage when you picked up the vehicle.
post #38 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Sportskid1
2007 WK 

Well last friday I told the manager of the service department that if he did not take responsibility I was going to file a police report and sue. His mood changed quickly and said to drop it off this week and it would be fixed. They actually did a really good job fixing it and it looks good as new. I guess I just needed to be much more of a hardass. Also never saw the paperwork that was lost.
post #39 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM
mdsbigpapa
2005 WK 

A lot of aggravation but a happy ending! GREAT!

Mark, a.k.a. MDSBigPaPa - 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7L Hemi, AMSoil (0W30 SSO, transmission, transfer case, front & rear diffs, coolant, power steering), NGK 2313 plugs, Taylor Shorties, Jet 180 thermostat, Superchips 3875 w/ Advanced Trans Option. Future mods: CAI and CAT-back exhaust. Hemi Club Member #46A and 46B
post #40 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
maxst2
2006 WK 

Well while you had to make a threat to get work done that they caused to get it to be fixed would definitely make me find another dealership. Glad your ride is back to new.

2006 65th Anni. Grand Cherokee 4x4 in black w/ 4.7L V8
post #41 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Ganjatrooper
1994 ZJ 

just a couple things I have worked in many diff tire shops and 1 mechanical shop, every time a customer picked up their car yes you do sign something saying you get your vehicle back as is blah blah blah BUT that does not matter cause first 9-10 times you sign before you get your car and a damaged vehicle is a damaged vehicle sign or not they are responsible. I have had kids crush exhaust break crap bend crap back into crap and not say anything and the customer returned. but then again I never worked in a shop where the GM was a ****** bag and refused to fix their wrong doing. Last and final point glad your Jeep is fixed bro but next time... pics.... everyone wants pics
post #42 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 12:58 PM
justanotherjpr

Glad you got this fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
So do you actually hear your thoughts in your head or is it just sort of a dull roar before you smash your face into your keyboard and just submit whatever dumb **** ended up on the page?
post #43 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportskid1 View Post
Well last friday I told the manager of the service department that if he did not take responsibility I was going to file a police report and sue. His mood changed quickly and said to drop it off this week and it would be fixed. They actually did a really good job fixing it and it looks good as new. I guess I just needed to be much more of a hardass. Also never saw the paperwork that was lost.
Always nice to hear an equitable resolution. Dealer was responsible and ultimately assumed responsibility for corecting the damage.

Sorry you had to go through the BS to get the the proper endpoint.

Think I would investigate another dealer for the next time though. I had a somewhat similar situation with my '00 GC Laredo. Found another dealer with a better service dept. about 25 miles away. Never went back to the first dealership and told others about it so they wouldn't either. They eventually lost their Jeep franchise.

HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
post #44 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
GCooperII
2005 WK 

Glad you got it fixed. Could have been like this poor guy--Dealership rags my car and wrecks it on a test drive! - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

All dealerships are evil

2005 Grand Cherokee Limited
5.7-L V8 Hemi MDS 330 hp QuadraDrive II with ESLD
All the goods....Tow Pkg, SmartBeam, DVD, NAV, Rain Sense wipers

Finally installed: 18" JK Gladiator Wheels/Tires, RR2.5" Lift
SOLD: 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited Kevin's 2" BB 265/70R16Geolandar AT+II
post #45 of 47 Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
AJeepZJ

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportskid1 View Post
yeah - being an a**hat DEFINITELY helps... It's unfortunate you had to experience that with a Jeep dealership though. The good thing is once you find a good dealership.. better STICK with them... I became good friends with my sales rep out here in Carolina... I now live about 1.5 hrs away from him. But if I need anything he'll go out of his way to help me out. He's still a weasel like most sales rep's in that he'll always slip a hint about buying another Jeep, but he knows this stuff, and he owns a Jeep. And when I start to look for another, I'm sure he'd know where I'd go for it.

Glad you got everything worked out... what was the name of that dealership again???

Oh and another thing.. WALT is right... Jeep at the CORPORATE level - actually listens to the buyers. It is not uncommon at all for a dealer who was selling Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge to receive enough serious complaints... and then suddenly there are no more new Jeeps in the parking lot. The closest dealer to my location previous to moving to G'ville lost it's franchise. I took my Jeep there once and i remember telling myself never again. 3 months later, the parking lot was clear (and only allowed to sell used vehicles)

All Gear, No Skill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in