CRD WK Start/Crank Issues - Second Opinion - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 Old 10-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Sandib210

Quote:
Originally Posted by smshort View Post
How long did you run the test for? When I did it, cranking for 10 seconds, I only had fuel in the two bad injectors
I’m trying to find out more about the leak of test just doing the cranking for 10 seconds version rather than letting it actually start. Do I have to unplug a sensor or something so that it just cranks and won’t turn over?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 10-06-2018, 10:22 AM
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandib210 View Post
Iím trying to find out more about the leak of test just doing the cranking for 10 seconds version rather than letting it actually start. Do I have to unplug a sensor or something so that it just cranks and wonít turn over?
I'm very interested in this test.
While waiting answer to your question, i have a request to you: what's the diameter of the tube you used in the test? Definitely, i'm going to buy it to try.
Very very long starts are desappear with new cps, but i need 3 or 4 turns to start, yet.

My newsgroup forum:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 Old 10-06-2018, 10:45 AM
smshort
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Iím trying to find out more about the leak of test just doing the cranking for 10 seconds version rather than letting it actually start. Do I have to unplug a sensor or something so that it just cranks and wonít turn over?
Here are the instructions I followed from sprinter source. I unplugged the cam sensor and counted down 10 seconds, but mine was so bad that it wouldn't start anyway.

1. Purchase 3/8" ID clear tube from home depot- 2ft

2. Cut it in 4" lengths.

3. Take injector cover off

4. Pull clips off of each of the return fittings on top of the injectors

5. DON'T LOOSE THEM (I keep a clean peanut butter jar with lid around just for this purpose- they store the cut sections of tubing in them when not holding the clips)

6. Carefully pull the return line plastic fittings up and off the injectors (they can break- I've never broken one, but I have read on the forum that the only source for them is Andy)

7. Unplug the Cam sensor (next to injector #5)

8. Fit one tube over each injector head

9. Using a vice grip and cardboard, pinch the fuel return line BEHIND the "T" for #5 injectorfuel can come backwards out the fittings and you can have a mess on your hands.

10. Crank the engine for a full 10 seconds- it won't start because you have your cam sensor unplugged.

11. Check for one or more tubes that are overly full. Andy told me that 2.5ml or more fuel in the tube meant that it was time to replace the injector. I just measured this and in that 3/8" tube on the injector, that would be right at 1 and 1/2" or 37mm for the rest of the world.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

post #19 of 20 Old 10-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Sandib210

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotec View Post
Quote:
I’m trying to find out more about the leak of test just doing the cranking for 10 seconds version rather than letting it actually start. Do I have to unplug a sensor or something so that it just cranks and won’t turn over?
I'm very interested in this test.
While waiting answer to your question, i have a request to you: what's the diameter of the tube you used in the test? Definitely, i'm going to buy it to try.
Very very long starts are desappear with new cps, but i need 3 or 4 turns to start, yet.

Ok somewhere I went wrong but do my result still count?
I bought 3/8ID tube as instructed but it actually required 1/4” ID so I used some water line I had kicking around
I unplugged the cam sensor. But the Jeep started anyway. What didn’t I unplug?? (See picture)
Husband cranked and we almost got to 10 second shot before it surprisingly started.
Here’s my video.
https://youtu.be/5wVdtCBG_MQ

So I have a lot of diesel in 3 tubes but given that it started, are the results true?
Attached Thumbnails
30356D49-F09E-46D6-A4C7-7353EB77C92E_1538853046433.jpg  
post #20 of 20 Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 AM
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango. View Post
#2 in that diagram is what I was remembering, however it's #1 is what I have in my notes and receipt:
Bosch Fuel Injection Pressure Sensor fits 03-09 Dodge Sprinter 2500 #0061536528

Paid 108 .. MB same part is 190

Hi tango.
I apologize you for any inconvenience. I need to make you a question about pump sensor.
That reference (#0061536528) is for number #1 sensor or #2?
Is it easy for change? How did it?
Thanks a lot.

My newsgroup forum:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in