• 1 Post By nanotec

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-03-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
CRD Start problems / SOLVED

Hi.
You remember, i had start problems. First, when engine was warm, very difficult to start, with scare to drain battery because of many attempts to start with no effect.
Dealer and diesel workshop wanted to empty my wallet replacing all the injectors (3 months of my salary, here's a lot of money.
Cold starts worked better than warm, but there's not immediate start, several crankshaft turns were needed, and with time it was going to get worse.
It occurred to me that I could buy a starting engine from scrapping, and try. It was little money, the expense was minimal.
And it worked. Since a week ago I am a happy man, I have been enduring this problem for a long time (since I bought it, two years) and it has definitely been solved.
I never thought it could be such a "dumb" thing.
I write this in case it helps someone in the future.
Thanks for reading it!

Tetto likes this.

My newsgroup forum:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2019, 04:56 PM
Tetto

Garage
I've been having very similar issues and following your posts. Thank you so much for posting an update!

Just for clarification: you replaced the electric starter, correct?
post #3 of 6 Old 02-14-2019, 05:56 AM
hoorders

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotec View Post
Hi.
You remember, i had start problems. First, when engine was warm, very difficult to start, with scare to drain battery because of many attempts to start with no effect.
Dealer and diesel workshop wanted to empty my wallet replacing all the injectors (3 months of my salary, here's a lot of money.
Cold starts worked better than warm, but there's not immediate start, several crankshaft turns were needed, and with time it was going to get worse.
It occurred to me that I could buy a starting engine from scrapping, and try. It was little money, the expense was minimal.
And it worked. Since a week ago I am a happy man, I have been enduring this problem for a long time (since I bought it, two years) and it has definitely been solved.
I never thought it could be such a "dumb" thing.
I write this in case it helps someone in the future.
Thanks for reading it!
What do you mean by.... 'I could buy a starting engine from scrapping, and try'

Thanks

post #4 of 6 Old 02-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Tango.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoorders View Post

Thanks
That means he bought a starter motor from a scrap yard.

There was some other thread on here also, and it was about their starter motor would not produce enough rpm's to start the engine. Then replacing the started solved their no start problem.

Life is hard-John Wayne
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I've been having very similar issues and following your posts. Thank you so much for posting an update!

Just for clarification: you replaced the electric starter, correct?

Yes, it's.
I apologize you, English is not my native language, sometimes i don't know exactly denomination for something, or i was wrong with the words i have use.

My newsgroup forum:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
nanotec
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoorders View Post

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango. View Post
That means he bought a starter motor from a scrap yard.

There was some other thread on here also, and it was about their starter motor would not produce enough rpm's to start the engine. Then replacing the started solved their no start problem.

Thanks for your help, Tango.

It's correct, sometimes i have to use "google translator" for any words i don't know and..."disaster happens".

My newsgroup forum:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in