Commander TPS Replacement Write-Up - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
tapenick
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Commander TPS Replacement Write-Up

I didn't see a write up for replacing the TPS on a Commander with a moderate search... so hopefully this isn't a repeat.

Mine is a 2007 with the 4.7 flex fuel and it had the typical faulty TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) symptoms - erratic idle on startup, just searching the RPMs; and some odd shifting behavior.

First photo just shows the engine compartment with a (small) red arrow showing the location. The TPS is right behind the plastic cover for the throttle body facing the driver's side.

Second shows a close up with a little better angle.... still from the driver's side.

Third photo shows the TPS removed. It has two T25 torx bolts / screws securing it. Was easier for me to remove those then remove the connector. The release for the connector is on the bottom and once the TPS was out I could easily depress it.

Once removed place the gasket or o-ring (mine was o-ring) on and re-install. I had to turn mine slightly clockwise from the bolt holes, then rotate counterclockwise to line up. I reinstalled with the connector off then snapped it on at the end.

That's about all I remember, hope this helps someone.

Tom
92 XJ
00 TJ
02 WJ
02 KJ
07 XK

Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Tags
tps , write up , write-up , writeup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in